Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Thursday 31 August 2023

August round up

 


Another low spend month, when crafting I am mainly using my stash, just some fibre and needles purchased, the garden almost nothing, I did get half price seeds and some tulip bulbs, the bean pole sets were both 30% off. 

Another spend on clothes, at Matalan, great prices and 3 T shirts from Millets, good quality cotton. 

The zoo trip was my treat, £53 entry, that's with me reduced OAP, daughter free as carer for George, paid for Will and George, fibbed and said Molly was under 2, 2 adults and 3 children should be £73, not cheap. Food and ice creams were well priced, so just over £100 for the day, if we forget the visit to gift shop, which again was not over priced, I still think it was worth the cost.

Household spending was just monthly outgoings, nothing big required, plenty of savings this month, I did treat myself to 2 new cushions for our sofa. Hubby repaired our coffee filter system, the shredder and got a new cat-flap under warranty, which is 3 great savings.

Food waste was again good, it must be boring to read, but it's brilliant to record zero waste, still eating our own tomatoes and fruit, just enough most days to keep us happy, we still have bits left over from the long weekend, they will all be ate. One use plastic is still a huge problem, it's very useful, light and cheap for meats and other chilled items, we don't have anywhere locally which sells loose items. 

My steps are low again, I am doing more and feeling better for it, I have gained a couple of pounds, but my weight yo-yo's so much, I do feel fitter, I must focus again, I'm not very good at losing weight. 

10 comments:

  1. That's not bad. My bank balance is severely depleted since our 'back to school' shopping trip this week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can well imagine, it was the same for our daughters, it's a long expensive list of things they need, uniforms being so much higher than clothes in supermarkets.

      Delete
  2. Family outings are so expensive but great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An outing can soon add up when you're paying for a family, and then adding food and drinks on top. The gift shops are usually placed where they can't be avoided so the cost of a little something from that has to be accounted for too. It has to be a real treat these days because, as you say, there's rarely change from £100 for a day out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At Marwell Zoo you do not have to go through the gift shop to get to the exit, it's in a building near the exit, but you don't have to entre if you don't want to, I was very impressed with the zoo, it was very family friendly, you could take a pack lunch, there were picnic areas with water fountains everywhere, so if needed once you paid to get in the rest of the day could be free.

      Delete
  4. We always reckon on £100-00 for a family day out, but they are always enjoyable :)

    Happy September Wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any day spent with grandchildren is lovely and hang the expense. Ihavebought some winter clothes at the end of season sales, I will get a few wears then put them away till next winter. I am still trying to loose about 5 kilos that appeared from nowhere during our long covid lockdowns and now seem to be stuck with me

    ReplyDelete
  6. Days out with the family are always worth the cost. The memories are priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Family days out are not cheap. Joanne pays for a yearly pass for our local zoo which works out much cheaper than paying each time, they do go quite often and Jenny can use a free pass through work, so we are lucky and can go often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daughter does go often, as a carer for George she enters for free, so it's cheaper to pay for the children each trip, rather than the family annual pass.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails