Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Thursday 20 August 2020

Loads of colour

This is the first thing we see from our sitting room windows, the red just zing, I do like to have a couple pots on my table, as you can see we have had more rain. 
This smaller table is hardly ever sat at, but it does brighten the corner of the decking, I have had the plant in the blue pots for years, The olive tree is a great back drop. 
Our olive tree is full of olives, we are hoping they all ripen, not sure what we would do with them, but I will check on internet and find suggestions. 
The passion flower I moved is racing ahead, along with my sweet peas, which as yet I had no flowers. There is some twisted willow in there as well, again I used a branch off our tree for supporting the sweet peas and it has rooted, so soon another plant I will pass on. 
Our blackberry harvest is brilliant this year, 
already we have a bag full in the freezer. 
I got 9 packs of spring bulbs for under £10, from Homebargains, we popped to B&Q, but they did not have any bulbs, so went next door. You don't get loads of bulbs in the packs, but for my pots it's better to have a few of more plants. I still need a few different ones, but for me it's a case of see them and get them.

 Wednesday it rained all day, any worries of how dry the ground is have gone, the water butts are all full, the balance in the garden is complete. I have more seeds to start for spring flowers, this is the 1st time I am sowing seeds at this time of year, normally I buy the plants, I won't sow the whole packets (you do get less seeds for your money these days), I am hoping to get a good mixture of plants. 

Wednesday morning we had George whilst Will went swimming, he is learning to swim, but mummy does have loads of issues getting him into the pool, Will loves water, so it's strange how he always refuses to get in the pool. Later we popped out for lunch, Will loves our local bistro, which was full as no one wanted to sit outside in the rain. Loads of cuddles with Will and George, and loads of quiet time after they went home. 

Next post will be a craft catch up, I am doing well on the babies dress, I have started another fine granny square blanket, and I have seen a lovely knitted square blanket, which would use loads of my baby merino wool left over from my lap blanket. 

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads up about the bulbs in Home Bargains, Marlene, I'll pop in and get some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think olives are bitter straight from the tree, they have to be prepared in some way before being eaten. We've had plenty of rain here too, though we've got another lovely day today, more rain in the forecast from tomorrow onwards though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wednesday was such a rainy day wasn't it, so nice to see the sun again today (Thursday).

    Love the red zing you see, so bright and cheerful.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the trip around your garden. Interesting about the olive tree. I wonder if I could grow one in a pot here taking it in and out.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your garden looks lovely. Those bulbs are definitely a bargain. I sympathise over the swimming lessons for Will. My youngest periodically refused to get into the pool for swimming lessons. She had one teacher she liked and if she wasn’t there then she played up! I can remember using various tactics from bribery to threats to even my older daughter getting in with her. Oh the joys!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails