Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Monday 17 August 2020

Busy at home

My babies knitted dress is growing, I am very pleased I am knitting it on the round, it looks better without the seams. The row markers are for the end of each row, I don't need them, but it helps me understand front and back. No shaping until just before the armholes. 
It's the simplest of designs, 1st row yarn forward and knit 2 together, 3rd row knit 2 tog yarn forward, rows 2 and 4 on pattern are purl, but on my circular needles are knit, the shades of the yarn does not show in my photo's but it's so pretty and it's very soft.
Just to prove nothing ever changes, Will loves a big box, daddy has made this one into a house, they had added a window, solar panels on the roof, he plays with boxes for hours, ignoring all his other toys, George rolls around the floor watching his brother. 
 We are having dull muggy days here, very over caste, but very little rain, so inside days, Sunday afternoon it rained, no storms or thunder, but enough to soak the garden. 

We have passed on and sold alot of the items from the attic, I sold my tailors dummy for a good price, it was in very good condition and also top of the range, the lady was very pleased. I have been so bored I have been sorting my stuff and I have listed a few other things, dressmaking patterns and knitting books, just items I know I won't use. 

Nothing much needs doing, I did clean the house, it does get very dusty, hubby did some ironing, so we had plenty of leisure time, I spent most of mine knitting. Nothing to watch on TV, so we are listening to more music than ever. 

I have been sorting my inside pot plants, I have cut the Christmas cacti from the bathroom in half and made two plants, I have re-potted my spider plant, it was not growing well in the bigger pot, everything else is looking good. I was cross with myself, whist placing my new cactus plant I knocked the flower tips off my Orchid, so no blooms coming soon, so easy to do, this Orchid is doomed not to flower any time soon. 

We have a busy week ahead, I have friends children for a couple of hours today, George on Tuesday, and we are out on Wednesday.

3 comments:

  1. The little dress is going to be so pretty. It's raining here at the moment, not much, just drizzling really, but it poured during the night so everywhere has had a good soaking, and it's much cooler now too. I've got some indoor plants that need repotting but I can't find the right size plantpot anywhere for love nor money. Even the garden centres I've tried haven't got them. I do miss the local nursery which closed down a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing what kids do with boxes, isn't it.

    That dress is lovely, just the thing for the winter. I like knitting in the round too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've just had a good downpour again, but the sun comes out in between so not too bad.
    Kids always have hours of fun with cardboard boxes don't they, I think sometimes they have too many toys.
    The dress is lovely, looks like you'll have it done in no time.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails