Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Friday 7 August 2020

Another finish


I have a finish, finally I have decided on my summer top bands, I followed the design but only did 6 rows of moss stitch instead of 8, I had a tiny bit of yarn left over. It fits well and looks good, I love the bright colour. The back neck is a bit lower than the front. 
The only thing left to do is the button on the back, I have sewn the top half of the flap together and will sew buttons on, this will ensure it does not pull when I am wearing it. I have to get some buttons, not easy to do online, I still have not put buttons on my recent cardigan finish, I will try to get some in the village next week. 
The best bit of this project is I have had no sewing together, it was knitted on the round, the shoulder seams were knitted together before casting off. The neck and arm bands were knitted on the round, so all I have had to do is sew in ends. 
On Wednesday I had George whilst Will went swimming, hubby was out so some 1 to 1 time, later we all had lunch at Darcy's with the government 50% off, a quick walk around the market and then back to ours to play, and more coffee, both boys are lovely and gives us so much joy. 
I treated myself to a couple of magazines, something I have not purchased in ages, in each pack there was another free magazine, which made it slightly better value, I am looking for another knitting project and I do want to do more with my crochet. The free book from crochet was 100 granny squares and motifs, plus Burda knitting patterns. I was disappointing with the knitting patterns as most are DK, I prefer to use 4ply from my stash. 
I have finished reading Older and Wider, I found it funny, it was an improvement on just another murder story. I am now piling through loads of patterns, trying to decide what to make next, I do have a desire to knit pink baby clothes, which I will give in to, and donate the items once made to local charities. 

I am staying at home for a few days, yesterday I had a sore throat and cough, runny nose, so I've a summer cold, probably caught from George, who has had a runny nose for a week. I feel better this morning, but I am still coughing, you know the annoying lingering cough, so I have decided not to go anywhere until the cough is better., can you imagine me walking in the village coughing, I would start a panic wave. Again I found myself double checking everything, no temperature, the cough is not constance, I can still taste my food, so a few days at home without visitors. I did cancel friends popping over yesterday, we can get together next week, life is just so strange, and it's not going to improve much anytime soon. 


7 comments:

  1. You've made a great job of the top, and it's such a pretty colour. I love knitting in the round, sewing is not my forte so the least I do the better. I'm always tempted by magazines but I do try to resist as I'm always quite disappointed once I look inside them, they're all a bit samey. I find more inspiration online these days. I hope you feel better soon. Eleanor's boyfriend is full of cold too, he's pretty sure that's all it is but he works in a hospital lab so they won't take any chances, they've ordered him a test so at least he'll know one way or the other for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the top, you are such a great knitter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see how coughing in public would send everyone scurrying away from you, throwing black looks over their shoulders. Hope your cold clears up quickly (and George's as well). Take care and enjoy your day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely top. You did an amazing job and I think the number of moss stitch rows just perfect.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do like the colour of the top.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your top is beautiful - it looks thoroughly strokeable!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails