Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Monday 3 August 2020

Babies and new life

Walking around the garden, I noticed another passion fruit plant growing, I have already dug one out, and on closer inspection I have another growing here as well. I already have 3 growing in my greenhouse, I will be passing plants on next spring. These have been dug out and potted on, they were all growing from one long root. 
Don't you just love babies,
 I hope for 2 new strawberry plants.
I have babies everywhere
These look interesting,
 one on a clematis and the other on a honeysuckle. 
I got a pack of 3, these are small, but hopefully just what I need, I am not doing well on my cuttings, Monty and Carol on Gardeners World make it look so easy, I have in both cases cut the outer 'bark' on the plant stems, the ball is filled with farmyard manure (better than compost as it stays moist longer) and tied these over the open bark. Now I wait to see if the roots grow, if they do I cut just below the ball and I have a new plant.
My Orchids inside are also showings nice signs of new growth, on the left should yield flowers, probably in September, on the right loads of new growth from the base, I have never regrown this plant, so it's a case of wait and see what I get. 
The weather has always improves my mood, it been a great few days, doors open, pottering early in the mornings, I even enjoy watering the garden in the evenings, outside is such a healing place. Watching things burst into life and grow is the best medicine, grubby fingernails is always a sign of enjoyment. 

We did visit Will, George mummy and daddy at home on Saturday afternoon, another lovely play afternoon, simple pleasures. 

We decided to pop to an out of town shopping center, it's not far from home and is not undercover, they had a one way, keep left system, the outside space is huge as are the shops. Back in March we decided we needed to change our hand towels in the downstairs bathroom, just as lock down started, I don't like buying towels online, so finally we headed to the huge M&S, hubby needed a pair of black trousers, which he got. I decided to treat myself, as you know I do not buy much clothes, as I am trying to wear the contents of my wardrobe, but with my weight loss and the fact most of my shorts are tatty, I choose a couple pair of 3/4 longer shorts, not cheap, but they will last for years. We got what we needed and no extra, we did pop in the £1 shop and got a few things and then home, no coffee stops and we drove past a couple garden centers.

I have done a tiny bit of reading and almost no craft, my grey socks are growing, but I can't focus on anything. My orange knitted top still needs the bands done, but I can't decide on which way to finish it, I don't want to unpick to get more of the same yarn, because the body of the top looks good on me, the orange contrast works, I just need to choose the design and get it done. I still have no idea on what to make next. 

4 comments:

  1. I've never seen those ball things before, that's a new one on me. It'll be interesting to see how they do. My orchid has just finished flowering so it's had the flower stalk snipped off and I shall wait for some new growth again, time for a rest for it for a little while now though. I'm a big fan of M&S, their products may be a little more expensive than other places but they do last. I hate clothes and shoe shopping so I don't buy often so I don't mind spending a little more when there is something I need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your plants must love you a lot, that is why they are giving you so many babies to care for :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't garden, I leave it to the husband, long and boring story.

    I know what you mean about shopping. There is no pleasure in the shops anymore. It's all get in, get out.

    Truth be told, it's having the odd coffee out that is saving many small establishments, even those that are part of chains.

    Knitting, I feel your pain. I have a sweater that needs seaming so I can knit the collar. Just haven't got it in me to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you are doing marvelously with all your baby plants.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails