Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Monday 22 June 2020

This wet weekend

Hubby downloaded these books onto my Kindle, I have read all three, they are from a set of 17 books all with DCI Ryan based in Newcastle area. They are billed as stand alone books, but follows a much longer plot, in each book they refer back to previous cases (books). This make 44 books read this year.
I found the fabric to match this yarn, it's a light weight cotton, they go together perfectly, I am now looking for a pattern for the yarn, the company were not able to send me the missing ball from my order. They offered me a full refund, but I have chosen to keep the 300grms I have and find a simple pattern, I just love the colours. 
I have finished these socks, they are another Christmas gift, I purchased loads of colours in this yarn back in January and will start another colourful pair. 
We have another grandson born on Friday, mummy (husbands daughter) and baby are both doing well after a shaky start, he was a big baby which caused a few problems. They live near Derby, so it will be ages before we see them, but we can keep in touch by video call. Our newest little man, Dominic, our 8th grandson, no grand daughters and now no chance of any.
Both daughters met up for a walk with 4 grandsons, looks as if they had loads of fun, without getting wet from rain, shame the rules didn't allow me to walk with them, still this photo, one of many sent to me, shows just how much fun they had. Another local beach, with Isle of Wight in background. 
Today George is 7 months old.
The weekend started dark, windy and wet, by Saturday tea time the sunshine was back, and it was hot, I spent an hour in the garden, I picked strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and some blackcurrants, sounds wonderful, but in truth only a small bowl enough for hubby and I to share.
It was too wet to visit daughter on Friday, so another day at home, I am feeling very hemmed in at the moment, but I really don't want to be going out anywhere, hubby went out on his motorbike and enjoyed an hour, he took his own coffee for when he stopped, there are some great viewing points locally, I had a lazy afternoon reading.
Sunday was Fathers day, youngest daughter popped in for a garden visit with Will, then home with daddy (SIL) having his special day with Will and George, we did not have plans, but managed a lovely walk along the water front. Later more reading and relaxing, but no garden fresh fruit, Will ate all our berries, he does love fruit. 
 I am also making plans to change the herb bed, I do love the herbs, but the design waste alot of space, I am hoping a friend can make me a metal ring for my tender herbs, if not I will be on the hunt for a structure to grow some herbs closer together. Hubby agreed the space could be used better whilst laughing at me, no more jobs in the garden !

6 comments:

  1. Who would believe that you could have 8 Grand children and no girls. That last one looks big, my daughter weighed in at 9 1/2lb and looked like she was 3 months old when born, lol
    I have just read a good book, 29 seconds by T.M.Logan,couldn't put it down.
    I borrowed it from my library who have a digital site, you should have one in your area.
    I'm loving the orange fleck yarn.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dom was 10lb 4ozs, so ye he is big, we are happy with all our boys.

      Delete
  2. Welcome to Dominic! I feel for his mother - my youngest weighed in at 11lb - and I'm glad all is okay.
    I have two granddaughters but no boys, and looks like no more grandchildren here either.
    Gardens are never complete LOL, there is always something to tweak :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oldest grandson was over 11lbs, so big babies are the norm here.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your new grandson.
    I bet the boys were excited to spend time together.
    Great socks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is a lot of grandsons.

    Those books look very interesting. I will have to keep my eyes open for that author when the library opens back up.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails