Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Friday 19 June 2020

Mixed feelings in a Pandemic

It's been a good week, I've been mixing at a distance with family and friends, and boy do I need the interaction, as much as I love my hubby, it's great to see other people.


Monday, I spend a couple of hours in daughters garden, watching Will play, at one point he made this little greenhouse and planted some seeds. 


Wednesday daughter, Will and George came to our garden, we had homemade cake and lots of fun, Will helped me do some spadeing ( that's digging to the rest of us), we planted a couple of larger snapdragon in the side garden, George rolled around on a blanket on the decking, it's getting really hard not to cuddle any of them, but it was a happy family time.

Tuesday I met with some of the sign class ladies, we met in a garden, sat distant from each other, and enjoyed a catch up, we shared nothing and stayed within all the guidelines. 

Thursday was a stay at home day, some housework and plenty of reading time, just hubby and I, the heavy rain has filled all our water butts and the garden is looking good. I had some me time, painted my nails, I have been wearing a bit of eye makeup this week.

Today, if the weather clears I am visiting daughter at home, her new garden furniture arrived, it's the final part of their garden makeover, so we can sit in comfort in the sun or sit at their table in the shade, watching Will enjoy his new level garden. 

Its been a perfect week, seeing family and friends is such a simple thing, I hope to see Josh, Sam and eldest daughter this weekend. I know they are all fine, we are in contact all the time, but nothing beats seeing everyone healthy and happy.

We have only stayed local the rest of the time, still mainly shopping for food, we have in the village 2 wonderful shops, one a hardware store, the other a cheap store, both independent,  both useful to pick up needed items. It feels safe in our village. 

I did start this post differently but I deleted it, it just became a long moaning rant, as with loads of others I have yo-yo my way through the last 3 months, seeing so many people (neighbours, local and reported on TV) breaking the rules, all the negative reporting on TV news and in the papers. South American countries now have horrendous numbers and Asia and Africa struggle, it is also scary as outbreaks, the second wave is appearing in China. Some people are acting as if it's all over, getting on with their lives, but we are are not relaxing, not yet.

9 comments:

  1. We really do live in strange times. The media coverage has it's good and bad points. I think mental wellbeing has been underestimated throughout this whole process. We humans need interaction and facetime only goes so far. I have sat in gardens with both my girls and their families and it's been better than any drug available. I've seen some friends and had a picnic lunch out sitting either end of a riverside bench. I think with some trepidation we will try to live a normal life, keeping public interaction to a minimum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This virus is so hard. Humans need human contact, we need cuddles with our loved ones. I hope you will soon be able to do that again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is good to be able to sit in gardens and talk face to face. We’ve done this with our daughter, my son’s girlfriend and a good friend of ours. Unfortunately the weather has put paid to anything this week down here. It’s been atrocious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. People here are getting back to life as normal, sort of. It does feel really good to get out. I love the greenhouse, how adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are still shielding here, hopefully after a hospital visit on Friday things might be different.
    So lovely you have been able to see family and catch up with your friends.
    Your little helper looks pleased to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The little greenhouse is so sweet :-) I bet you have enjoyed seeing your grandchildren again, I think they have missed the cuddles as much as we have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will told me he had spoken to Boris on the phone and he said we could cuddle, I explained to Will Boris had to say we could cuddle on TV, he kept coming close to us, I think he does need normal contact.

      Delete
  7. It sure is nice to expand the circle a little bit. I can finally go for coffee to a friends (still practicing social distancing, but at least we can talk) and our sons will be able to come home for a visit.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sure has been a strange time. I've hardly been out for 3 months, just had a couple of socially distanced meetups in the park with a few of the school mums. My little one has gone back to school 4 days a week, so I'm seeing a few more people but still keeping away from shops and others as much as possible. I certainly won't be going any where near the pubs when they open! Glad that you are well and managing to spend some time with your family.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails