Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Wednesday 10 June 2020

Changing and shrinking

I've changed so much since the beginning of lock down in March, I have lost 20 pounds of fat this year, I look and feel slimmer, it's great to pull out clothes I have not worn for years, my taste does not change, it feels as if I have been clothes shopping. 

As a child I always had very long hair at 19 I had it all cut for a fashionable pageboy cut, I wanted a feather cut but the hairdresser was unwilling to make that huge change, I did later get my feather cut, and since then my hair has always been short. A few years ago I grew my hair into a short Bob, it been like that for 4 or 5 years, now it's a long Bob, it looks OK, but I don't like it, it never looks tidy and blows all over my face, I could pop it into a ponytail, but again I'm not keen. The other thing with my hair is I have stopped colouring it last year, so I am shades of grey at the roots and a pale brown at the ends, I only had highlights so the middle bit fades rather than a line of colour. I can't wait until I can get my haircut again.

I have done nothing with my nails, fingers or toes, I am not taking care of my hands, too much gardening and hand washing, my hands are always sore, I use creams but never enough to sort the issues. I normally get pedicures and have brightly coloured toe nails, but so far I've not done anything myself. 

I have an amazing suntan, like most of the UK , lock down has been spent in the garden, but I have T shirt tan lines, gone are the days of wearing swimwear to gain maximum suntan.

The final change is my attitude, I loved going out with hubby, we started visiting UK cites for short breaks, we love garden centres, but neither of these hold any joy, we are not planning to go anywhere, as we are being given more freedom, we both choose to stay at home, it feels safe at home. We do walk to our village and use local shops, not the cheapest option, but we both feel we have to support our local businesses. I have made online purchases, you can get most of what you need, I have always preferred to go to a shop feeling we have to use shops or they will be lost.

The hardest change is not cuddling our close family, many members are spread around the UK, visiting is not an option, but missing them does not go away. 

How have you changed in these strange times and are some of them permanent. 
This week I have hit my 2nd weight loss target, I have dropped another level, my weigh now starts with a 10 rather than 11 or 12 stone, I am really pleased, I am now focusing on my last target, to be below 10.7 (147 lbs), I will still be over weight, I can't see me getting to 9.7 ( 134lbs), I'm happy to be back at my weight same as I was in 2010. My BMI is 26.1, it was 29.5 at the start. We celebrated with home made pizza for a late lunch, naughty but oh so nice. 

14 comments:

  1. Well done with the weight loss! Most people will have put a lot of weight on. I never change; I would love to have a bosom, hips and some booty. I have seen my dad at last. We sat out in the garden, 2m apart, and it was so lovely to see him and have a proper chat. I told him next time we will do an afternoon tea :) Nothing has changed for us really. Take care. Best, Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on your weight loss, you've done so well. I've stayed the same all through lockdown, amazing considering all the baking I've done. Like you I'm desperate for the hairdressers to open. There will be a big stampede for appointments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire you as I sit here with a plastic bag on my head because I've just dyed my hair. I only use half a box to touch up the roots. I'd love to make the leap to natural. I have put on 5lb since lockdown taking my weight to 9st5lb but I'm uncomfortable in my clothes. Since menopause the weight has crept on my upper tummy which I've never had. I'm short 5'1" so it's got to come off. Well done on your weight loss it's not an easy thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a strong chance I will colour my hair again and like you I do it myself at home. If once my natural grey is all over, I won't keep it that way if I don't like it.

      Delete
  4. Wow, Marlene, you've done so well on the weight loss. I wish I could say the same. I think I've changed in that I have really chilled out from work. It makes me realise how obsessed I was with it when I was there. I'm hoping it might lead to a better balance, but who knows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you on losing that weight. I haven't changed much, bit grumpy that's all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found it very hard to get out and about once things began opening up here. It took a lot of encouragement from the family to begin, but I am okay now. Congratulations on your weight loss - it is something I really need to work on. I hope it is not too long before you can enjoy family cuddles again. Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your weight loss.

    I haven't visited any shops at all, partly because I am on the vulnerable list, but also because I am just too worried to. I haven't seen any of my family for four months now and it is really tough.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a wonderful achievement, Marlene, especially during a time when lots of comfort foods are very tempting and people are very restricted in where they can go and what they can do. I'm sure you feel a lot better and are enjoying wearing favourite clothes again. MegXx

    ReplyDelete
  9. **Big round of applause** well done on the weight loss, that's fabulous. Grey hair here too, and i'm ok with it, although it had been cut really short early March so it's not too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done with your weight loss, that's a brilliant achievement, especially when we're all stuck at home. I don't think much has changed here during lockdown as I'm usually at home anyway, I don't work, and I'm a homebird. We do like to have little trips out so that's something we haven't been able to do, and our top up shopping trips have been cut out, but I'm thankful that Eleanor is still living at home. Of course I miss Daniel but we don't see him all that often anyway and we do keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are doing very, very well with the weight loss. Congratulations.

    We won't be going anywhere this summer either so we are spending a bit extra getting our backyard the way we want it. That will be our holiday spot this year along with hiking in our home area.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your weight loss, you are doing superbly!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails