Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Sunday 17 April 2011

Spring in the garden

This week has flown by, I forgot how much time in the day you lose when you have to go to work, and I think spring is the worst time to start back, so much to do. I have done a bit more of the heart for Fliss, but I can only stitch in the evenings now!

Saturday was dull but warm so I spent most of the day in the garden, I have transplanted seedlings into the veg plot, we now have carrots, beetroot and parsnips. I also have spring onions, radishes and salad leaves to go in. My onions and leeks are doing well. My tomato plants are also coming along well.

In my pots I have loads of flowers

Loads of colour

Sunshine in a pot.

Today is very sunny, with the promise of being warm, Su is test driving a car and Kev has gone with her. Later we should see Fliss, Steve and the boys. After that we are going out on the bike, and having a very late lunch out. This evening will be chill out time.

5 comments:

  1. I love your patriotic heart piece you are working.

    Have fun growing your vegies. I just dug up our vegie patch and cleared it out. It was looking well past its best as we edge closer to winter down here in NZ.

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress with your Heart. Hope all your salad and veggies go OK. I spent quite a while in the garden yesterday --strawberry splitting-- Just hope we still get the amount of 'strawbs' we had last year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely garden pics - it's so nice to see spring is arriving for you! I'm not looking forward to winter here, we didn't have a great summer, so it just feels like more of the same!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Marlene,
    Can you send me an email at ndleartnut@aol.com?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Union Jack has a pretty blue color! Its coming along real fast. Nothing better than having fresh veggies.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails