Another great plot, from the first chapter you know she has stabbed someone, the story jumps between her growing up, her marriage problems to Owl cottage, trying to work out who is dead, by half way through I had decided who it wasn't, a little further I decided who it was, then twist near the end was brilliant. Book 53 read this year.
This story ran along all the expected lines, I guessed each stage, it still was a good read, her stories are always a mixture, some better than others. Book 54 read this year.
I do love this author, his stories are varied and captivating, this did not disappoint, you are a British couple house sitting in New York, when an old friend of the family visits, you don't know her, she is harmless or so you think. Book 55 read this year.
Another good plot, a student is shot at her graduation, her parents are watching, a tale of mixed issues, you think you have guessed but have you, set in Devon PI Matthew Hill is working alongside the local DCI, together they have to work out everything. Book 56 read this year.
Another great plot, two stories running together in a small seaside town, nothing usual in that, a death on the beach and a new small business close by, what could be the links, he is a master of giving you clues, which when twist are revealed it all drops into place. Book 57 read this year.
I don't read many paperback books these days, these are my unread pile, all purchased second-hand, I use my iPad and the kindle apt, I do like to keep one title of each author I like on my shelves. The Peter James book is the latest in the DCI Roy Grace series, which I love.
I love these shelves created in the old doorway (done before we moved in), hubby changed them and added another lower shelf, I think soon I will need another. Lilly's food bowls are kept here, they are out of the way. The top shelf is all our fun books, many we have had for years.
Jo sent me a book by Jo Spain, The trial, she had finished reading it, I had commented I had not read this title, so she surprised me by sending her copy, I started it and realised I had read it before, last year, so if anyone would like the book please let me know, comments are not automatically published, so if you add your address I will ensure it's not shown on here.
I don't often read in bed, we prefer not to have electronic items in our bedroom, we both have our phones by our bed, we no longer have a landlines, we don't use our phones, they are there in case there is an emergency.







I don't read in bed now. I listen to audio books, fall asleep, rewind the next time and sometimes hear the same passage several times!
ReplyDeleteOur bedroom Alexa has a night-time playlist, some of our favourite music, we listen on shuffle, so its never the same.
Delete