Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Friday 12 May 2023

Lovely things

I took a risk and gave up following the placement of colours, and stitched what I liked, it's a very simple design which was easy and enjoyable to do. I want to stitch the final gap just above this, making all the edging bits done, something lacy again. I think I am now working on the final quarter. 
In the garden mum's peony is blooming, the pink just shines out, I love this plant, I have had it for over 20 years. I also have my first bud on my bowl of beauty, which has been planted for years. The pale pink plant in my raised bed had leaves only, I'm not expecting blooms for a couple of yours. 
I still have my sewing machine out, I was going to make the gaps in the bunting I made earlier this week smaller, but I decided to make the second set, I will give the first to my sister. I have almost finished another project, which I will show in another post, I so love sitting at my machine creating stuff.
I have been looking for a new grass for Kurt's hair, but I have been watching the small birds swoop in and take some for their nest building, so for now he can stay as he is. 
After reading this book, I will never get into a driverless car, it's wrote with tongue in cheek, good plot, clever ending, as always a great read, book 8 read this year.
Who loves a bargain, I am on the mailing list for Clarks Outlet, I get more emails than I like, but I do open them. Often I will click to see the offers, these leather trainers were reduced from £100 to £70, still to expensive for me, a couple days later I get a deal of the week email, these trainers were £30 and free delivery. That's not to be missed, there was a free return label inside, should I need it, which I don't, lovely good quality soft leather, inside and out, they should last me years. I do have 2 light weight trainers, neither are waterproof.
With all the showers all I can do is craft and read inside, it does feel good to get things finished, I have a few more things to do, then I can have the joy of a new start, I do have some knitting to finish, and more machine sewing.

I would love to do some gardening,  I have plants which need to get into the ground. We both are missing sitting drinking coffee outside, the dry weather is very slow to arrive. Neither of us enjoy shopping, and can't get out for refreshing walks.

We had the day out on Thursday, trip to the bank and then shopping, hubby's suit is looking tatty and he has a function to go to, not cheap, he could not find anything, so we will need another trip. I did not look at any clothes for myself. I got drenched walking home from Pilates,  I only live 5 minutes walk away, this weather is not drying up, it does feel like one of our wettest springs. 

The new fence panels are due to arrive this morning,  a few days early, so hubby can paint them before they are put in place. So today, is another day at home, I don't mind I can always find plenty to do, it bright and dry, so hopefully an hour in the garden.

6 comments:

  1. We have rain and we also have Master Freddie today - so no gardening for us either. The nice days always seem to coincide with the day we need to go shopping / make a visit or have an appointment! I love your bunting - I have a few yards of it from my daughter's wedding which I lend out to other people for their weddings so I wanted to make some just for the garden that can stay out all summer and get wet and fade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not great gardening weather her in central Scotland either. I love your new trainers as I have been looking fir a new smarter pair. I could not believe the price of trainers-most were around £90-£110 so I haven’t bought any. Must look at Clarks outlet-thanks for showing your bargain. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've only had drizzle today but the wind has been cold again. Not feeling up to sorting the garden yet. I hope it improves soon. I love the 'closer' bunting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like your bunting, it is so colourful.
    What a great buy your new trainers are.
    I need to get some new slippers ... perhaps this weekend I will.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. It has been raining here since last night. We did need the moisture, though farmers are a bit upset that their seeding has been interrupted.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great saving on the trainers, they look very comfortable.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails