Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Thursday 7 November 2019

Growing on the inside.

Love, love this. 
 This 100 grm ball is going a long way, my plan is to knit the whole ball, and then decide if I need the other yarn to get the size I want, this may require me to unpick a few rows, but it's a small price to pay to get a beautiful shawl, but my feeling is there is plenty of yarn.  I am using the same design as below, but no leaves, this is knitting smaller which I do like, it will fit under my jacket.
Not contented with knitting one shawl, I started this one for my friends Christmas gift. I sew the ends in before I start any more knitting on this shawl, it's not something I enjoy doing. The design is simple, so I don't need to refer to a pattern, makes knitting more enjoyable. 
 On the previous 2 shawls I only used 3 contrast colour, but here I used the 5 colours I had, my friend has a love of colour, so it's perfect for her. 
This plant sits on our downstairs bathroom window sill, it does get sunlight in the later morning and afternoon, I can't wait for these to bloom, they are a bright pink. I won't move this plant, as often when I have moved them the buds fall off. I might be tempted to leave the bathroom door open whilst they flower. 
I also have another Orchid, with a new stem, so it will probably flower before Christmas, I still have 7 blooms on my white Orchid, and they aren't fading as yet, I showed it first here, so flowering for over 2 months.
Monday was great fun with Will, it's so interesting to view our world through the eyes of a toddler, he does feel so grown up, the number of times through the day we hear why?. His potty time is going well, he takes himself to the bathroom and was accident free the whole day.
Tuesday was sign class, we only have a few more classes left, it will stop in December, which is really sad, I need to find a way to use my sign language, I don't want to forget everything we have learnt. I am focusing on my online course as well. I have been promised help once I get to level 2. The fireworks were very close and very loud all evening, both cats were unhappy, normally Purdy is not bothered, but we could hear the bangs over the TV, as one house finished another started, it went on for ages. Our garden was full of bits of plastic from fireworks on Wednesday morning.
I have a big blog milestone coming up, I will tell you more next time, I am planning a giveaway.

8 comments:

  1. Your shawl is coming along great, I'm sure your friend will be very happy with the one you have knitted for her.
    Bonnie is a good source of entertainment too, I think the toddler years are the best, I love how they pick everything up so quickly and come out with the funniest things :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A post filled with the promise of colour, both in your knitting and your plants. The shawl is knitting up beautifully and I'm sure you're friend will be thrilled with hers. There were fireworks here again last night, poor Archie is a nervous wreck. I don't mind people having fun but they just go on for far too long, night after night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely shawls. Your friend will really enjoy her Christmas gift.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are just so clever. The shawls are lovely. I love Christmas cactus and used to have a beauty but it died. I must look out for another.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fireworks here this year have not been too bad. I think that is because the closest neighbours haven't had any, so the noise has been a little distant (although still loud at times). Our cats have survived quite well, thankfully.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I please ask which pattern you use for your stripy shawl? it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails