Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Monday 25 November 2019

More glass

Having fun with seed beads, 
thought these might look good as flowers.
The lighter colours dissapeared, and the stems are a bit thick, but I do like the idea, because of the size limatations in using my microwave kiln, I do need to think smaller. But seed beads are a good way to add colour, and I have loads of them. 
I saw this design on Pintrest, and thought it was worth a try, the white is a bit to thick, the glass rods were all the same size, so I need to be aware of using the solid colours with the opaque. The design was made to look like holly.
I have not done much else with the glass, I want to get more of my gifts finished, before playing. I will try using bigger glass designs, I can't go huge, but I think the bits I am using does not suit the tiny things I am making. I do love the seedbeads and the thin glass rods, but they look big on my finished items.
Time is short with the arrival of baby George, who is beautiful, but tiny and not feeding the best, so visits with mum is planned. Will went home with daddy last night, he was missing both parents. Hopefully mummy and George will be allowed home today, so they can start this new part of their journey. Grandma arrive tomorrow, so more family together, there is nothing better than a tiny new life in your family.

5 comments:

  1. I can see you're having lots of fun with your glass work. The early stages of a new hobby are always exciting, experimenting to see what works and what doesn't. I'm sure George will settle with his feeding soon, I think it'll help your daughter to get back into her own home where she can settle to things better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, sorry Marlene, I missed the news about George's arrival - congratulations to you all. You're really enjoying the glass work aren't you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really impressive glass work, you should be very proud of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your glass work is beautiful and can hardly wait to see even more.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely to have a new grandson in your family, Marlene. No doubt he will be cherished. I like your glass work; the colours are very pretty. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails