Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Wednesday 7 August 2019

Stitching and reading

33rd book of this year, I was a bit worried I might find the subject of this book scary, it's about a grand mother who takes her eye off her 4 year old grandson, who has an accident, a nightmare of a story line. The book is about her story and was brilliant told written very well. I could not put it down. 
I did some more french knots, I do love the feel of this project, I still have the pale brown and blue to match, I am going to have another look in my stash, I really should have matching colours. It's a gentle easy stitch to make, which in this project is good as I have loads to do, I think I make about 100 knots in each blob of colour.

 The back of my stitching, it a good place to judge how much I have done,
 I'm about a quarter way through. 
We had a great day with Will on Monday, the sun came out and we spent loads of time in the garden, he likes to help us, picking up leaves, but his favourite thing is picking my fruit harvest, there are always, raspberries, blueberries and now blackberries. We had a man here to put a new dish on the roof as we have changed to a free view box, we watch so little TV it is pointless paying for extra channels, Will loved watching the man, and asked loads of questions.
Yesterday I met with the sign class for a coffee in the village, it's nice to be able to walk to the coffee shop, we stay local to us because we have free parking, and the table and chairs are outside in the sunshine. I did some sewing in the afternoon.
Today I am out for lunch, it's the birthday of our neighbour, her daughter is on holiday and she had nothing planned, so she is with friends for coffee this morning and when she gets back, I will take her out.
I have some plants to go in the garden, but I am waiting for the copper rings I ordered, they should be here by tomorrow, I hope these will survive the slugs and snails. I think we have found a spot for the rose, it is hard to find spaces in our small garden, it's not a plant I would have purchased myself, but it's beauty will enhance our garden. I will do a garden post next, I have been changing a few things.

2 comments:

  1. Your stitching is really coming on, it's going to look fabulous when it's finished. I hope you enjoyed your lunch out with your neighbour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The circles are delightful filled with the French knots, its so effective and pretty.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails