Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Monday 12 August 2019

Is it really August

It's another dull cool  wet day here, we have had more wet days than dry days here, which is good for the garden. But not so good in August.
 The high winds over the weekend and yesterday did not do too much damage to anything. The fence between us and the mad cat woman next door, is still upright, but it's only her overgrown garden  propping the panel up. It still looks OK, but I can't see it lasting through the next winter. I just wish she would allow us to replace it at our cost, it's a shared boundary, and she will not let anyone dig out any of the posts.
 Last Friday I emptied the dining and sitting rooms, hubby will start to paint soon, it won't be a hard job, just a clean, a quick sandpaper and then paint. He did the rest of the house last year, this is the last 2 rooms. 
 Everything is in our spare room,
 The floor around the bed is full of items from the cabinets, I will wash everything before putting it all back, there does look loads, but when we moved here I got rid of all the unwanted things. 
 I did finish this book, I loved her book Big Little Lies, but found this one hard reading, I did finish it. I am also doing my french knots, more on that next time. 
We had no problems on Saturday night with Will in his new bed, it's a huge single be blow up mattress, all he wanted was the 2 blankets I crochet for him and Dave the bear. He was awake at 6, so a long day for us, mummy collected him at lunch time. The rest of Sunday was sewing and reading.
Today is a bit strange, hubby is still in bed at lunch time, he has been sick, which is very rare for him, Will has gone to his Grandma and Pawpaw's avoiding any bugs we have here. I have done very little, after myself getting up much later, I have been doing some work on my 2018 book, I still have 15 post from last December to work on, but I will have everything done before the November date, when the best discount is offered.
Compared to last week, I have nothing planned until Friday, when I will take the train to my sisters house, I will stay with her for almost a week.
The decorating can be done once hubby is feeling better, it is strange to see everywhere so empty.

6 comments:

  1. The garden does look rather lush and beautiful. We were spoilt by the beautiful weather we experienced last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're getting quite a bit done. Your yard looks wonderful, could you send a bit of rain our way please? Just a day or two of rain would be fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No rain here today, it's been bright and sunny for a change. I hope your husband feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even when it's not raining, it's still so windy here, lots of the plants are getting battered. I do love your rainbow wavy blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy time with your sister.I would have loved to have had a sister.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your garden does look good for the rain we've had, lovely lush grass! My grass does too, but a bit of sunshine and it will grow madly! I love your crocheted blanket, so colourful:)
    Hope your hubby feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails