Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Sunday 25 February 2018

Wake up call.

Magnolia tree, buds far too early
 Fruit bushes
 Acer waking up
 Hellibour , lovely blooms
 My new bulb pot (Blue) and hubbies neglected bucket of daffs.
So much new growth, and with a really cold spell promised for next week, all I can do is watch and hope nothing is killed off. It is staying sunny every day here, but each morning we wake to a frost, loads of tiny diamonds everywhere, opening our blinds each day is a pure joy. The greenhouse is really warm every afternoon. The weather fore caste say we should have snow, will have to wait and see, we often miss snowfall in our winters, we live in a sheltered spot.
Hubby has filled all the bird feeders, ensuring there is plenty to eat, the sunflower hearts, meal worms and niger seeds always go first, followed by his home made fat and seed pellets. We only use wild bird seed mixed in home made fat pellets, we also put out food where the ground feeders can feast.
I have finished reading all three library books,
All new authors to me, I enjoyed each book and would happily read another book from any of the authors.
I have also joined a local reading group, their book for March is The Art of not Breathing, Sarah Alexandra, I have to pay for the book each month, but they are discounted, if the books selected are not to my taste, I can leave at any time. I am trying to widen the topics of the books I read.
Will was great on his sleep over, slept for 12 hours from 7pm,  we had time to play in the morning, mummy came over for lunch together before taking Will home to daddy. Now Will is walking, every thing is eye height, so I am on my feet more, he his a good boy, but the he see's something and it's WOW, I am not moving things, all our grand sons have learnt not to touch. On the plus side our cat's are now left to sleep, we got him a Scuttlebug, he loves to scoot around, our wooden floors makes it fun to slide.

6 comments:

  1. It's lovely to see all the plants starting to wake up, though I think they're going to be in for a shock this week with the cold weather we're forecast. It's so much harder to keep an eye on little ones once they're on the move. I didn't move anything out of reach with my two either, they just learn what they can and can't touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colour of your hellebore,so pretty.
    We didn't move anything for our children or granddaughter when she came along, she soon got used to the meaning of the the word NO .... lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your plants look great fingers crossed they survive thus next week. I'm so glad I decided to delay planting veggie bits and pieces. I know we are normally lucky in the Essex coast but the wind chill factor is freezing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so nice to see signs of spring but like you, we're a bit worried about all the snow and 'Beast from the East' due to arrive! I can't believe how much has happened since I've been away from Blogland. Congratulations on your retirement - to say I'm so envious is an understatement. I'm only partway through catching up on your blog but thoroughly enjoying it. Love hearing about your garden, and life in general. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snowing here this morning but only light. I've stocked all the feeders too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Things in your garden are much further on than up here.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails