Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Wednesday 7 February 2018

Promises

A beautiful sky, with buds on our Magnolia tree, 
Looks like April/May, but in February far to early for buds. 
 I planted this hellebore last year, the leaves look a bit worn, but the flowers are back, loads of buds. I planted this next to my strawberry tubs and by the raspberry canes,  it tidies a scruffy corner. 
 This pot was purchased for a mini garden, 
I did not like the finished look, so I replanted with spring bulbs, looks good sat on our decking, loads of promise to come. 
 Loads of bulbs in the garden, plus more snowdrops, 
purchased from our local market. 
 This is the second flower from this Amaryllis
 My bottle garden has settled, this is it's forever home.
The spider plant is for my sister, I planted loads of babies from my plant last year. 
Again we have another bright sunny cold day, the fourth in a row, last night we had a flutter of snow, but only for about 10 minutes. I have been for a walk to our local market, I got another 5 packs of snowdrops for £3.50, which I have added to my stash list. I always walk the long way to the shops, through our lovely park. There have been men working for a couple of days, loads of new plants in the ground, the rose garden weeded and pruned, plus they have trimmed the hedging, we are so lucky our local council can still afford the upkeep in the park.
Yesterday it was sign language class, we had another great session, it was my turn to provide lunch, so I made a Maliee Quiche, which is quick to made and always taste good.
Later I got my sewing machine out, no photo's as yet, I am busy making a reading wigwam for Will's 1st birthday, it was a request from his mum. I have no pattern so I am working it out as I go, in theory my plans should work.  Still doing my ripple blanket and the matching big granny square, this is good to do in the evenings.
I have been sorting again, my material stash is bigger than the storage space, I won't get rid of anything, so I sat and refolded everything, it looks tidy again.

7 comments:

  1. It sounds such a lovely day, filled with peaceful things. Your hellebores are lovely. Mine look a bit feeble this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely to see the blue skies even though it's terribly cold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That hellebore is gorgeous. It's been a lovely day today hasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hellebore is so pretty.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's nice to see a blue sky, even though it's still cold. The snowdrops are out here and the spring bulbs are showing through the soil, spring can't come quickly enough for me, I've had enough of winter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice hellbebore, I do like them at this time of year. We've just bought a new pot the same as your bulb one - half price bargain at the garden centre - result!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mm, thanks for the reminder. Our snowdrops are doing really well but I haven't been up to the Coppice to see how the hellebores are.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails