Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Friday 24 August 2012

Before and after

 Well my chocolate cake did not last for long, Josh is 7 today and we popped in this afternoon to see him, and we had afternoon tea and cake, I made this for Kev on Fathers day, Josh had a large slice and loved it. So whilst they were travelling home form Grandma's house in Manchester yesterday, I got baking.
 I have not done much stitching in the past couple of days, other things took my time. I have almost finished my mystery project, just one last go at it and I will be able to order and show every one.
 I am adding bling to this design, I always use shiny ribbons on my parcels, so I had added them here. The Christmas tree I have stitched in just the 3 main colour's, the pattern shows yellows and reds in there for decorations, I have over stitched in silver and I want to add some seed beads for the decorations. I still have to sort out the snowman's eyes.
My brother is on his way here, should be home soon, he is staying until Monday, we have a long bank holiday weekend again. Kev is on his way home from work, he is stuck in holiday traffic, so soon we are all going to be together. We have at this point nothing planned just loads of laughter.

Fliss and Steve will bring the boys over one afternoon, Su and Gav have gone camping for the weekend, and with the rain we have fore cast, I wish them luck. So I should get some stitching done, but not, if we open bottle of red wine in the evenings.

4 comments:

  1. Choccie cake, my favourite, yum, yum.

    Enjoy your special family time with your brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cake looks so yummy.
    http://claire-stitchart.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello

    Just found you throught St John Stitcher.
    That choccy cake looks yummy!

    Your stitching looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello

    Just found you throught St John Stitcher.
    That choccy cake looks yummy!

    Your stitching looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails