Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Monday 13 April 2009

Sunny Somerset

As I lay in bed this morning, thinking of what I would muse on today, the sunshine lit my bay window. Kev is playing a game of golf, its not raining and the sun is out, to my surprise when I opened the curtains, we have fog! not the heavy moist type we have in the winter months, today it's the light fog which promises to burn off into a nice sunny day.

So fingers crossed


We spent two days in a wonderful old manor house, I'm not sure when it was built, but it had extensions added in 1740 to bring it to the house as it is today. I love old buildings, this one is well cared for and even as it has been brought into the 21st century,but it still holds its charm well. We were at St Audries, which nestles in the countryside between Watchet and Bridgwater, it's very near the coast, Watchet has a small harbour.




We viewed wild deer in the grounds, and watched the rabbits on the edge of the woodlands.
We were sharing the weekend with 60 other people at a family wedding, the house with countless rooms and nooks and staircase's allowed us to be together and in small groups.



Back at home now planning my day, I spent time last night with a new cross stitch patchwork, I am designing it as I sew, I have a few thoughts but the size and shape will be decided whilst I am stitching. Once it begins to look like something I will show you.

I have more seeds to plant today and I want Kev to move a couple of shrubs, two to another garden and one from a pot into the garden. My daffodils have gone, but the garden is full of buds and promise.
We live very close to Fareham town centre, I will wander up soon, it's market day.

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing place! I love your painted eggs and cute chicks below too.
    I am way behingd with my planting, mind you have been knocked back with a horrible vius for a bit.
    Looking forward to seeing the mystery sewing ;o)
    x
    Sumea

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails