Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Wednesday 18 October 2023

Its coming

 Just to show Molly does smile, this is a much better photo, we now have to choose which photo we love the best, to put with all our other grandchildren's displays, I do like to see their photo's in our house. I have them on the top of our dining room cabinet. I've not seen Georges photo yet.

I was looking in TK Max on Monday and came across this Santa sack, it's bloody huge, yet the words on the front say 'just a little something', has the world gone mad, when our girls were young, Santa always got them a small gift, we always told them family got the bigger gifts. Can you imagine in January a child showing their friends what Santa got them, and the friend having something small from Santa, and wondering why the difference. 
I have been needle felting again, I wanted to see if I could make my robin look any better, firstly I wanted to add different shades to his red breast, that worked to a small degree, then I tried to sort his wings and tail, no difference, SO I decided to have a go at some small hearts, why, I don't know, I have loads of red and smaller amounts of shades of purple and pinks. I was unhappy until after I had shaped them, I wrapped another band of roving, which made the edges look much better. I have 7 shades, I will make some more and link them together. I have been using this tool with 3 needles, much quicker working once I had gotten used to it, I broke 3 needles in this session, will need to purchase some more and a small sharps container.
Hubby has removed the final bit of the decking, we found a concrete path along by the house, which will help keep our shoes clean. The bits of our fake grass is still down, just makes it nicer to walk on. If the weather is kind over the weekend, the extension will be rendered, which is the last big job before the paving. I still have the little bed by the back door to sort, I've left it as the Fushias are still in flower, I have a big tub which is ready to take the contents of the bed.

The season has changed over last weekend, I'm now wearing socks every day and my vest, sounds old, but a vest does keep the cold out, we have put our thicker quilt on our bed, our weekday alarm is now set for 8am, no point it getting up when it's cold and dark. As yet our heating is still off, our house feels warm still, but once the sunny days stop, it will cool down quickly, on Monday we had our annual boiler service. I popped to town in the morning, our fruit and veg stall was missing from the market, I did wander around, didn't get much as I had to carry it home, hubby stayed home for the boilerman.

Tuesday we all met and had a morning playing games, I played draughts, which was fun, we both won one game each, it did make me think, maybe hubby and I should do similar, he is going to find out his chess set, I will be a bit rusty. I did spend afternoon outside, making the most of the dry sunny time. Today, started dull and dry as expected, heavy rain is due later , storm Babet, we are popping out for an hour, and then home, inside, crafting for me. 

5 comments:

  1. The little hearts look so pretty - lovely colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although it's now quite cold and wet, I am glad that the weather has finally changed. At least you have a better idea of what to wear on a daily basis. I like wearing sweaters and sweatshirts, so it suits me fine. The rain not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that’s a gorgeous picture. I like my kids around me too and you reminded me I must make a special time to get a few printed of our almost 2 year old granddaughter, the parents of our older two are diligent at giving us new ones each year, but the other family only put things on line. She will soon start noticing there’s none of her out soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those little hearts are such lovely colours ...

    I had to go out earlier today and goodness me didn't it rain and the wind was very strong, Storm Babet was certainly close by!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your felted hears are lovely. I can just see them in a beautiful glass bowl.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails