Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Tuesday 7 January 2020

it's all about me.....

In the last couple of months, I have been taking more care with my nails, I inherited weak nails from my mum, they break very easy. I found Sally Henson nail products a few years ago, now I keep these 3 base coat treatments in and switch around which one I use. I also love her cuticle oil. 
I found her gels last year, they are thicker than normal varnishes, but they don't require a lamp to set them, I always finish off with her clear top coat. I find these products give my weak nails loads of strength. 
 I have been having fun with colours, in photo's 1 &2, I did the painting myself using simple strips of cut down card peel offs. In 3&4 I am using shaped strips I purchased online, getting a bit braver, I do love the silver strip, I have a thinner one, and ones in gold and black. 5&6 are using glitter varnish on one end of my nails and using a brush to smudge the joining line, in 5 the bottoms are just my natural nail colour. 
By taking care of my nails I find I can grow them to a nice length, it's easier in the winter as I do very little gardening, because even with gloves on my nails break when I am busy hands in soil. I have not been paid to post, but I wanted to share with you products which help me. Her varnishes are £15 a bottle, so not cheap, but I wait until Boots have their 3 for the price of 2 sale and then treat myself, getting 3 at £10 each, they are lasting well.

Thank you for your supportive comments on my last post, so many of you understand where I am coming from and where I aim to be. whilst I am restricting things whilst I lose weight, I do want to keep the weight off, so I am adjusting my lifestyle as well.

We had a quiet weekend, Will had a sleep over on Saturday night and did not wake up until 7am on Sunday which is over an hour later then normal, we popped him home and had cuddle with baby George, who is awake and beginning to form smiles.
Monday Will came for his play day, he was tired and watched an old Bob the builder Christmas special, and napped in the afternoon, he often misses his naps now. I finished reading Me, Elton John, a book I found very honest and truly interesting, there was no apologies for who he was, just an honest realisation from him to how badly he behaved whilst addictive to drugs, drink and eating, and I did more knitting of squares.

6 comments:

  1. I use Sally Hensen's cuticle cream and oil - they are the best things.I saw the interview with Elton before Christmas and I thought he comes over as very honest and likeable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My nails are really strong, they rarely break, but I can't stand having them long. As soon as there's any length to them I have to cut them, I find they just get in the way otherwise. I've never been one for nail varnish either, though I did start wearing some a bit last year. No £15 bottles though, I bought Primark's own at £1 a bottle, haha. It's actually quite good and seems to last without chipping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my goals later this year will be to look after my nails. After years of ignoring them it is going to take time to get them as nice as yours.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a nail varnish person, your looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find when I wear nail varnish I take better care of my nails, at least twice a week I need to tidy them.

      Delete
  5. If you have a peacocks where you live Sally Henson nail varnish is just £3 a bottle

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails