Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Wednesday 8 January 2020

Crafting in a dull month.

I have unpicked this shawl I finished back in early November, I have not worn it at all, I prefer to wear another shawl finished at the same time, shown on this post. The yarn is from Burrow & Soar, and is stunning to look at, I don't want to leave it in my wardrobe.
 I purchased this merino yarn last year, it's the best sheep's wool for use if like me you have an allergic reaction to lanolin, it goes well with the Burrow & Soar yarn, I have 400 grams of the plain yarn and 100 grms of the hand dyed. Will have a think what to knit with it. 
My knitted squares so far, I have not laid them in any order, I just wanted to see if the design in my head worked, I'm pleased I think it does.
 I am mixing some of the shorter leftover yarns, to make as many squares as possible, and having very little waste.  
I also purchased some more yarn, Burrow & Soar had a 30% off sale, I was looking for some bright yarns to go with the above paler mixtures. These are 20 grms each skein and therefore twice as big as the above ones.

Yesterday was another restful day, we did pop to Asda for a few things to help our diet along, I had a low carbs/calorie day, missing my lunch after a late breakfast, I did not feel too hungry, and plan to do this twice a week whilst losing weight. I woke up not feeling too hungry, it's a brighter day so I hope to go for a walk with hubby later.

4 comments:

  1. I started a shawl last night using Noro variegated yarn.It is an easy pattern ,free on Ravelry,called Be Simple and produces an asymmetric shawl.I also have lots of stash wool and need to think of something to do with it.
    Can we more photos of your two grandchildren.Barbarax

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merino is so soft and such lovely wool to knit with. Your unravelled ball looks right at home with the full unused balls.
    Nice new brighter colours for your lovely blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I love your blog and have been reading it for a couple of years. I hate to say anything negative but I find the poppy background makes it really hard to read. It might just be my eyesight getting worse.
    That said, I'm in awe of your knitting skills. You seem to get through the projects so fast. I love those small multi coloured skeins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would cry unpicking something I'd made. You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails