Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Thursday 31 October 2019

October roundup



It's the end of the month and I look at my spending, most of the yarn purchased was for crochet blankets for our baby grandson, due next month. Plus some hand dyed yard for a shawl. I also purchased some round glass shapes for my glass fusion.

I did spend £28 on 2 pairs of jeans, both comfortable to wear, new clothes and shoes totalling just  £197.80 this year, I'm really pleased with myself. £22 on Christmas decorations, I have no desire to purchase any more for the festive season, but I do like to treat myself to something new each year for my tree.

We have not purchased anything big for the house nothing is required. Our fence between us and our horrible neighbours has taken another bashing in the winds, but because her garden is so overgrown they are staying upright. We are saving as much as we can so if they break we can replace them, we already know she will not pay anything towards it. Our boiler is working well, the issue from the water heater does not show when the heating is on, strange, but helpful through the winter months.

We put the heating on this month, Just mornings and evenings, we are both warm and often when we touch the radiators they are off, the temperature is set at 19c, I normally feel the cold, but the house is snug and warm, which is great, as we have oak wooden floors and few carpets, which in years past always added to the house being slow to warm. We will never be able to save enough to equal the cost of the new windows, but being warm is more important. At this point we are saving over 50p each day on last year, looking promising.

No food waste again, we have been eating from the freezer, it was full of meats, hubby was looking at turkey crowns, but as yet we have no freezer space to get them early.

We have done most of our tiny Christmas shopping, with baby George due in December, I want to be free to help daughter as much as we can.







3 comments:

  1. We've just had a £300 outlay for a new TV, we knew it was on its way out as the sound wouldn't turn up properly for some time, but it went with a bang, scared me to death. I'm just hoping that nothing else big goes for a while now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely going to try and keep track of spending the way you do next year, I have spent way too much on craft items this year. When we went to the Nimble Thimble last week most of my budget went on floss to kit up charts I already had, I don't really want to add to my chart stash if I can avoid it next year. We have oak flooring and it does take longer to heat up the house, although I don't feel the cold as much as Mark does. I've done a lot of my Christmas shopping, i'm trying not to go over the top this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done your Christmas shopping? Wow! I have only just started and trying to decide if we'll make a fruit cake.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails