Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Friday 11 October 2019

New in

Summer is gone, so my jug in the kitchen reflects the new season, I'm very happy with this arrangement. The oak branch was purchased at John Lewis, not cheap, but I hope to use it for many years. I have a couple pumpkins I need to place here as well. 
 This book was reduced to £5, I don't have any grand daughters, but I like the idea to make and cloth Luna Lapin. 
 Back in July I paid for an advent calender with hand died yarn in, I can't wait for December to start opening these. 
 It's Christmas in John Lewis, I do like to buy a couple of new matching ornaments for our tree, the ring catches the light and looks beautiful. 
On Thursday I popped to Southampton with youngest daughter, she picked up Halloween clothes for Will and Christmas clothes for both Will and George (new baby). We had a lovely wander around John Lewis, I don't buy much as it is expensive in there, but I do love their glass tree decorations, All the above bits have been added to my spending list.
I got a couple pairs of jeans from Primark, not normally a shop I would think to visit, but my daughter pointed out they had high waisted jeans, which fitted well. One pair had a belt on, with an interesting buckle, which can be used on my homemade bag, so a double win.
Today it's wet and windy again, we have another storm arriving this evening and will stay for most of the weekend, so we are not planning to do much, we are going to view the new baby's room, which is all finished and play with Will. With just about 6 weeks before the due date, we are getting excited about meeting another grand son.
The next couple of days are at home days, so loads of crafting time.

7 comments:

  1. How lovely to have a new baby arriving soon, an extra special present in time for Christmas. I've got the same advent calendar and I've bought a twelve days of Christmas one too so that I can go on opening up the little parcels right into January. I bought the Luna Lapin book a while ago but haven't even though about starting it yet, it's so cute though, especially with all the little clothes too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've had a busy and productive week. Very wet and windy here too. I've seen the Luna Lapin book. I look forward to seeing how it goes. Best, Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that a Willow jug, in the first image? I love Willow ware. I drink my coffee (decaf) every day in a Willow tea cup. There's something about the porcelain. It just makes everything better, lol. So it was great to see the jug!

    Coincidentally, my son was given a rabbit doll (I cannot remember by whom) for Easter. Bit she has he cutest outfit on. I was toying with the idea recently, to make her some new outfits, to match the seasons. Like a Christmas outfit. I mean, why should she be an Easter bunny, ALL year. Loved seeing that book!

    Enjoy your crafting time, and your new grandee's baby smell, when they arrive. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a very old jug belonging to my husband grand parents, I love it and won't pack it away, it's nice and safe here on the kitchen window sill.

      Delete
  4. That's a very interesting advent calendar. I'm not surprised you are looking forward to opening it. I like your autumn arrangement. It's beautiful. I popped into our local Primark yesterday and bought some sandals for my Jazz class and a pair of harem pants which were just £3 when I got to the till. I also bought a couple of hair accessories too. There were some quite nice things in there, but unfortunately they weren't in my size, which is probably just as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A yarn advent calendar must be the most unusual I've heard of - less fattening than chocolate.

    A wet weekend ahead means no boot sales - I'm distraught!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's pretty much wet and miserable everywhere. What an unusual advent calendar,as Sue says less fattening. Love John Lewis but not their prices!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails