Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Tuesday 2 October 2018

Verity










Verity was standing watch over the sea at Ilfracome, as with everyone there you will have an opinion of her, love her or hate her, she does make you think.
Made by Damien Hurst, and on loan to this small sea side town, he is a local lad. She is truth and justice, and towers over everything else at the mouth of the harbour.
The top photos are the first you see of her, sadly from the car park below, she looks serine, in full bloom, when you walk to the edge of the water along a harbour wall, you get to see her other side, which for me was the more beautiful and interesting. I would have loved to see her in a different location, and tried in all my photo's to miss the car park.
We were not aware she was here, and not seen from our hotel, I loved her, she dominates the skyline.

4 comments:

  1. I can't say I'm overly taken with her, I think she's a bit creepy with her skin peeled back, but it's what you come to expect with Damien Hirst.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She really makes the visitors stop and have a look. I was there recently and it seemed everyone who came there to park had a good look and took a photo. She has been a controversial topic in the town but I love to see her basked in a blue sky with the blue sea behind her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should think she's certainly a talking point with visitors.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous statue, so detailed. Exciting to see it close up.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails