Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Monday 29 October 2018

Normal life

My flowers are still lovely
 Not sure if you can see it
but there is a 3rd stalk with babies growing
this spider plant loves it's new home
 1st run for my Christmas cards
I'm pleased with my Christmas card, it's not quiet there, but a good start, I am going to add some more snowflakes, some will be raised from the card. I have a few special ones to make, each one made for the recipient, I have some special thank yous this year.
I have also purchased the ingredients for our Christmas cakes, I just need to soak the dried fruit over night and bake.
I am thinking now of knitting a couple of jumpers for Will, I already have the yarn in my stash, enough for two jumpers. I have yarn for fingerless gloves, and some hand dyed yarn which I would like to make a soft light shawl.
Do more to my ripple blanket, I have neglected it for a week, I am again near the finishing line, also it keeps me warm as I am working it.
My sister purchased all my bags, she had her first craft stall last Friday, so I now have some cash for other stash purchases, at this time there is not much I need, so it can sit in my bank account until required.
I am cutting out bags, these are smaller, simpler, with just one strap, when hubby was attached to monitors and drains, he was given a bag to put everything in, which helped with going to the loo, and walking about, the hospital is always in short supply of these bags, so I am making some to send in.
I drove hubby home yesterday  it was the slowest drive of my life, 20 miles, most of it motorway, he's happy to be here, so it's not the end, its the start of his recovery, and bless him he understands he is to do nothing. I am just so pleased to have him at home. My support network including my blogger friends have got me through the past couple of weeks, it's lovely to know you are reading and understanding everything.

11 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to read that hubby is home, Marlene, what a relief for you both. Good luck with him not doing anything and resting....if he's anything like my husband, he'll soon get fed up with that! Mine was told to pace himself - trouble is, he doesn't understand what that means! Lovely idea of yours to make bags for the hospital, what a nice thing to do. The NHS are marvellous, aren't they? Please take good care of yourself too, Marlene, it's easy to forget that. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now he is home he'll be able to sleep, rest and recover. Hospital nights are never quiet and peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful news to hear your husband is home at last! He will recover better in his own home with you to care for him :) Your card is so pretty :) I've tried growing spider plants, but like all my attempts at growing houseplants, the poor thing faded and died :( I just keep to imitation now. Best wishes, Jane :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so pleased he's home, I bet you're more settled too. Love the card, very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad your husband is home and on the mend.
    Your Christmas card looks lovely, I'm sure they will be well received. My spider plant has taken over a corner of the sitting room,it has loads of babies on it but i'm running out of places to put them, lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so pleased your Husband is home. Your cards are very nice I am going to make a start of mine soon. I have decided that this year I am going to cut up last years cards that were sent to me and I am going to make new ones from them.
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card - I must make an attempt to get started on mine but we have our granddaughter here at the moment so no spare time!
    So pleased your husband home - you will both sleep better than when he was in hospital. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really glad to hear your DH is home. Now he can really start to heal. Your cards are off to a good start. Some of my friends make their cards. They are very special to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so pleased to hear that your hubby is home, it's been such a worrying time for you all. I'm sure he'll feel much better in his own home. I think it's a great idea to make some bags for the hospital and I'm sure they'll be really pleased with them. I like your Christmas card, such a lovely saying.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do like your Christmas Card.

    I am just so pleased that your hubby is now home. I'm sure he will make good progress … there's no place like home.
    Saying a prayer for you both.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad your hubby is home. I remember the month Gene was in the hospital after his cancer surgery. I couldn't sleep o as soon as I woke up and got dressed I headed into the hospital. By 2:00 pm I was exhausted. Went home, ate, if I had anything to eat, if not I had to stop on the way home and grab something. I would be in bed by 8:00 pm . . . exhausted. Was sure happy to get him home, even though I was now the caregiver for several weeks until the drains came out and he didn't have to take the insulin shots or the other shot he was taking.

    Now to get your life back in order :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails