Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Monday 17 October 2011

Plans are made

 I did manage to get some stitching done, just started the inner blocks,
I will sew the squares first, adding muted colours to the design, as yet I have no firm plans for the centre.  I have been looking at all the different stitches and will fill the area's with stitches other that cross stitch.

 So far these colours have been chosen, I will also try and use some of the colours already stitched, this part is still undecided.

 This is my design so far, the colours are no true, I just used them for the template, I like to have my work on my lap and pull the silks from my drawer and match them. I have designed this piece with out finding the centre of the work, I wanted it to be random.
We have had a good weekend, sad to see Wales lose their rugby semi final to France, but next weekend we will be behind New Zealand, we did want a red and black final, now we just want the All Blacks to win!!
Rest of the weekend was spent at home, all the kids came to visit on Saturday, had a great meal with a friend here on Saturday evening, loads of left overs in the fridge. Sunday was just a day at home together, me doing the pattern above, Kev just pottering.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails