Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Friday 5 August 2011

Thank goodness it's Friday

 It's been the worst week ever here, Monday I came home from work feeling unwell, by Tuesday I was off to the dentist with a huge abscess, I could not get to see my dentist, so the guy I saw wanted to remove my front three teeth, I refused him and came home with antibiotic medicines, I will see my own dentist in two weeks once all the swelling has gone. I have been told it's yet another after affect of the chemo drugs, so I have every thing crossed we can save my teeth.

I have sat and stitched most of the week,  above is the top panel as of Sunday night, I finished the left side and went back to the right side, I like to have all the panels counted and in place so the rest of the stitching is easier.
 I then stitched the thinner panels and back filled the wider panels, once all the stitching is done, I will back stitch my date of birth and the Town "Taunton" in Somerset, where I was born, these will be in the same purple I have used for my name. I also managed to finish the rug for Christine as seen here.

We have nothing planned for the weekend, I hope to see Fliss and the boys, Josh is getting excited it's his birthday in 3 weeks. The other silver lining, 1st is all the stitching done, I have lost loads more weight, I have not eaten much at all this week, cold grapes have been my best thing.

2 comments:

  1. Your stitching looks fabulous. I love the colors.

    I hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you keep your cloth so smooth and flat? No matter how I do mine it always looks a mess.

    I like the diagonal colors . . . this is going to be SO BEAUTIFUL when you finish it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails