Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Tuesday 14 September 2010

Home sweet home

On Thursday we drove to Somerset, to stay with my brother, he still lives in the village where I grew up. Friday we drove to south Wales for the day to visit Kev's sister, who still lives in the town where Kev grew up.

Friday was a damp day, I wanted to get some photo's of the mountains with the low cloud, but this is the only decent photo I got, just after we arrived it started to rain heavy and did not stop. The rain in Wales around the mountains is often heavy, and if there is snow we always make a dash for the road before the snow settles. We had a great day catching up with family and friends.

Through the centre of the village flows this little stream, when I was growing up, this was a focal point for the local children, we used to paddle, fish and have loads of fun here. They have widened the flow of the stream, so the water is not as deep as I remember. We had great picnics on the grass here, it was always a sunny place.

Su brought her mum a present, and I love it, I have placed it on my key ring.
Kev has almost finished painting the office, my desk is in the middle of the room, Kev is playing golf this morning. We hope to put the new window blinds up today and look at cutting the bench to fit. My dolls house has been moved, later I will tidy it and rebuild the basement and gardens. We took so much out of this room and I want to sort and get rid of some of it, I would like it to look less cluttered than before.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails