Back in Weston-Super-Mare, a second young woman has jumped to her death, are they linked, what's going on, a good plot, following another young woman and the police, will DCI Louise Blackwell be able to workout if its suicide or murder. Book 69 read this year.
I did not notice many changes in style with this collaboration, 3 young children are missing, time is the factor here, chasing every lead, DCI Pat Lennon and his team are searching for them. I enjoyed this book, I'm not a huge fan of 'police DCI' books. Book 70 read this year.
Friday we met with daughter, children were all at school, we often meet at Dunelm, they have a nice café, time for coffee, cake and a chat. Next door is a huge B&M, we wonder around picking up bits which are cheaper, Christmas has arrived, isles full of stuff, I could not resist this little light up tree, I have loved this style for years. Both hubby and daughter rolled their eyes at my purchase.
Saturday was our local artisan market, hubby and I walked around, it has grown in size this year and was busy, I picked up two pieces of cotton fabric, I do love these cats, just £2 for both. Not needed, but wanted. There were loads of stalls selling lovely edible treats, we still have items we brought back from Wales.
Later on Saturday we drove to daughters, we ordered a huge Chinese meal, Will loves so many of the dishes, Molly and George both love the chicken balls, rice and chips, it was enjoyable start to daughters birthday. All three children eat well at the table, I do love a family meal, we chatted for ages, even George sat for longer than normal. Daughter turned 44 on Sunday, how quick the years fly by.
Sunday was a day at home, I did housework, hubby did the ironing, we had already done some bits in the garden, I have cut the red acer again, it should regrow next year. I picked runner beans and tomatoes, the cucumber plant is going over, hubby cut back the blackberries, one side had died off. I've moved my cider pot, it's in a central position now, the gap by the raspberry bed I have left clear, I can see through to my pond now.
I am feeling better after my tumble, I can carefully kneel on my left knee, it's much better, my right ear is still sore, but not so swollen, it's no fun getting older.




Love the cat fabric! My babysitter had a ceramic Christmas tree like that when I was a child. Every time I see one now I think of her.
ReplyDeleteHope your knee and ear continue to get better
ReplyDeleteI like the Christmas Tree ... I bought some charity Christmas Cards today!
ReplyDeleteMay your knee and ear continue to get better.
All the best Jan
Your fabric purchases were definitely a good one and sorry you had a tumble - keep getting better :)
ReplyDeleteOh no, not Christmas already! :o (can't swear I'd been able to resist if I'd seen sth I really liked though...) Hope you didn't get too badly hurt, I'm still using a walking stick and knee sleeve after a fall outdoors last autumn...
ReplyDeleteI put the light up ceramic tree I made when our youngest was probably a year old. Since he is now 45 soon it is old and a treasured memory of time spent with friends doing the classes.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
What a full week, from your two new books to the artisan market and that lovely Chinese meal for your daughter's birthday! I couldn't have resisted that light-up tree either, no shame in that. Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better after your fall, take it easy!
ReplyDeleteI'm pleased to hear that you're feeling a little better after your fall, these sort of injuries can be so painful. You definitely couldn't leave that fabric behind for that price, what a bargain.
ReplyDeleteI love your little light up tree. It's cute. I can't resist buying a couple of new Xmas decorations each year. This year I bought some cute vintage tree decorations on eBay and I just found a lovely Nativity in a charity shop in Cornwall for £3. The original price underneath was £39, so I got a bargain. I'd been looking for one for a while, but they are quite expensive on eBay.
ReplyDelete