Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Monday 24 August 2015

Green, orange and random

This Olive plant is just to look pretty
but look at the Olives forming
It must love this sunny spot
Hubby purchased another nut feeder for the birds
it does look good
Twice in the past two days I have had to tip water out of this dish
I have loads of gravel in the bottom
Later yesterday afternoon and evening the sun shone
so I was able to dead head flowers and tidy a bit of my garden
very relaxing after our busy few days
I have started knitting
I made this pattern years ago
very quick and simple
 I love the random colours in this knitting
I am pleased with the knitting, it's growing well, would be nice for our holiday in three weeks, the design is long so I will not have to stitch as many rows as the pattern states, a bonus of being petite. I will make it without sleeves.

10 years ago today I became a Nanna for the first time, it's Josh's birthday, we have been and shared cake and given him his present, he loves to receive money for his birthday and plans to go shopping tomorrow with his mum. He was given a Wii consul, so he can play his games any where, plus some Lego, and a book of top ten list, which he loves already. Becoming a Nanna was a huge step in my life, we have 4 grandsons we see often and are a great joy, our 5th grandson at this point is not part of our life, a sad fact we can't change.
After days of horrendous rain and loads of surface water, which made driving into work very tricky this morning, tonight it is over caste and grey, but the wet stuff has stopped falling, so a night in. I plan to do some more sewing, I would like to get the first corner finished, nothing much on TV so hubby is looking for a film to watch.

7 comments:

  1. What do you plan on doing with your olives ? I enjoyed becoming a grandmother almost 20 years ago now its great fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've had rather a soggy few days here too. I like the colours of your yarn, and how exciting to have olives growing!
    Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a wonderful thing in common. 10 years ago Sun. I became Grandma for the first time! We are both very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wool is knitting up so lovely! Happy 10th Birthday young man! I cannot stand oluces in any way shape or form..but your plant is beautiful. I doubt if get one to grow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday wishes to your eldest grandson, they grow so quickly, my granddaughter will be starting school next month, doesn't seem that long ago she was a babe in arms.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated birthday to Josh, I hope he had a lovely day. Your knitting is coming on well, I love self patterning yarn, it makes changing colour so easy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The olive does look happy and the colors of that yarn is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails