Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Friday 27 March 2015

Lazy afternoon.

Carrie Rose
another boarder completed
I have another boarder next to the slanting one, 
it has large flowers on, 
I am thinking of adding another pale colour, maybe a lilac.
I have had this heart for ages, 
it's heading to the back garden area
the words are mine
I had a very productive morning, I popped to the photography studio with my sewing machine, Richard had used a black sheet for a back drop, but it was not thick enough, so he purchased another two, I lined the hung sheet with another sheet, now it does not let any light through. and to the bottom of the front sheet, I stitched another to be laid on the floor, just to have a change from white. It did not take very long, and we are both pleased with the results. It's nice to help some one out.
I made another loaf yesterday, the house smelt lovely all afternoon. Josh and Sam came after school and each tried a slice with jam, treats for little boys. Josh was his lovely normal self, it was a pleasure to have both boys. Hubby is very happy with the bread, it's his favourite food and eats bread every day.
I did not do much in the garden, Martin popped over for a couple of hours, it was breezy and not so warm, but no rain. Hubby had a great game of golf and came home happy. It's nice to have a lazy afternoon for a nice change. The rain for the garden has been great, I am now collecting rain water for my blueberries.
This morning is sunny and breezy, hubby is on the golf course again, Martin is due soon, I have a bedroom to tidy, Fliss is staying with her sister for a couple of days. No plans as yet, I will wait for Martin to arrive and we can decide what to do.

7 comments:

  1. Carrie Rose is looking fabulous, you're such a fast stitcher. I love the smell of baking bread, though it makes me very hungry. There's nothing like freshly made bread slathered in butter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helping someone out always gives me warm fuzzies too.

    LOVE your heaart . . and the sentiment is so true :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice progress Marlene.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a good visit with Martin. Carrie Rose continues to be very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a lovely piece of work, it's coming along well x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing you well tomorrow as you start the new job.
    Your garden is coming along lovely.
    Beautiful stitching.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails