Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Friday 19 July 2024

Sunny Eastbourne

We visited hubby's old army buddy for a few days this week, we stayed in a small converted barn in a stable near Polegate, East Sussex, the weather gods were good to us.

We popped to Eastbourne on Wednesday, starting on the east side near the harbour, sadly we did not visit the harbour this time.

We walked around the Pier, 
the views were stunning
It was a blowy day, but lovely and warm,
hubby and I 
As with most places along the south coast, the beaches are shingle.
Angie is not great on her feet, so we used the land train, hopping on and off, best way for her to see so much.
We had a meal in Beachy Head Hotel Tuesday  evening, we managed to get a table by the window, the views were stunning, we were high up and could see the south downs and right along the coast. The food was brilliant as was the lovely young waitress, a perfect evening with friends.


Later on Wednesday we spent a few hours sat in their back garden, fish and chips for tea, perfection, I do love sitting in someone's garden, I can enjoy the view without noticing anything to do. The car journey was only a couple of hours, so a perfect trip. 

I was unwell on Thursday,  I am beginning to see a pattern when I eat gluten, I have always suffered with eating foods with refined white flour, but these days it's happening more often, I shall speak to our doctors. At home it's much easier to control my foods, I am good when away, but the smallest amounts cause me issues.

Friday daughter came to ours with Molly and George,  they spent the morning with us, later we popped to Lidls and got loads for a Sunday BBQ. 

10 comments:

  1. What a wonderful summer's day. Good friends are the greatest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly struck lucky with beautiful weather in Eastbourne.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good trip away. Sorry about your gluten issues. I* always find it more difficult when away from home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds absolutely lovely.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's nice to spend time with old friends. Good weather helps, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks glorious there, Marlene. And it's always nice to catch up with friends. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a wonderful couple of days. Glad the weather was good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It must be wonderful to live so close to the sea. It's a long, long drive from here! Sounds like you had a lovely visit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glorious weather and the company of good friends - a wonderful few days away for you.
    Sorry to hear about your possible gluten intollerance . I hope the Dr is able to help and advise.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails