Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Thursday 27 December 2018

Round-up

Totally low spend for December, just some fabrics. 
My crafting has been more expensive this year, I have spent loads more on yarn, plus my gardening was much higher. I knew I was not going to be able to repeat the low spent from 2017. Being retired gives me loads more time for doing things I love. My aim this year is to reduce my gardening spend, and come in under £1000.
Other challenges....
Cutting back on spending this year has been interesting, I have not purchased any new footwear at all, I still have loads of lovely sandals, shoes and boots, I will be setting another goal for 2019. Clothes spend was £150.75 for the year. I was doing well, until the colder weather arrived and I got fed up with wearing jeans. I have not missed shopping for clothes, I have seen loads of lovely items, which I was happy to pass on. I still have wardrobes full of clothes and footwear, lot's of items in near new condition, so I am thinking of a budget for next year. I did consider £50 a month, £600 for the year, but that does seam high, I'm sure I could do a lower spend than that. I did purchase a new winter coat, which cost higher than the total amount I spent on clothes this year, my old coat was very tatty and did not keep me warm anymore. I was looking for a new jacket, but could not find one, so my red jacket has been dry cleaned, it's over 10 years old, but does not show signs of wear, so it will last another year.
I have had 3 pairs of boots re-heeled, giving them a complete new lease of life, each pair is looking almost new again.
We are still doing very well on waste, we do not waste any food, and are eating meat only 3 or 4 times a week, and almost no red meat, with fish twice a week and the other days being vegetarians. We are purchasing more frozen veg, which is a good way of ensuring nothing goes off. Making soup for lunches uses anything lurking in the bottom of the fridge.
Packaging is still an issue, at Christmas time, with everything packed for giving, but we are trying to chose items in cardboard rather than plastic, buying loose where we can.
For me it's a pleasing year, so many goals met, and changes to our lifestyle, neither of us notice these changes being any different, it's just our way of life.


3 comments:

  1. You have crafted lots of beautiful things this year making lots of people very happy and sold quite a few too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clothes is the one area where I don't think I could go any lower. I hate shopping for clothes so I end up buying very little, I buy just what's needed. I admire how you track all your spending, it takes some sticking to, but you're able to see exactly what you've spent your money on at the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's wonderful how well you track your spending …

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails