Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Saturday 22 April 2017

Planting on

Peony time again, first bloom
I love this old plant
 Inside my greenhouse
Cucumber and potatoes in raised bed
Couple of tomato plants 
 Loads of things in the sunlight
 My staging is full, with the olive bush in front
 Outside hosta coming back to life
 Loads of chives around the lemon balm pot
 My succulent tower looking good
 I got a new light box, for a dark corner, 
message it true in this house. 
It's been a busy time, Friday was an extremely busy day at work, which made a nice change.
After my pop to the hairdressers this morning, I drove to Southampton, I have two bridesmaids dresses to take up, the young ladies modeled their outfit s and I pinned the length, that's a job for tomorrow.
Lunch time we walked to the village and had lunch out, Darcy's is a busy bistro, but we always manage to find a table, we then went on to Lidl's and got our shopping, we were good and just got food, our fridge is again full.
Later I spent time in the garden, it is much sunnier and warmer than fore caste, the greenhouse was really warm. I have planted my cucumbers into the raised garden, and have put 2 tomato plants into huge pots, which for now is in the greenhouse. We are away in a couple of weeks and I am hoping the plants will settle in their new home and do better than if I left them in their tiny pots. Everywhere is looking good, I did water my garden again, I think this must be the driest April we have had in ages, we have not seen many April showers. I am also protecting plants as the weather fore caste is for it to be much colder next week. I have not planted anything out, it's much to early for that, but I do have seeds in my raised cut flower bed, I still have the plastic top over the seeds, but I have raised it up higher, I can always move it back down if necessary.
I also got the jobs for the weekend as listed in gardeners world last night, I had forgot my lavender, which is down by the greenhouse, and is now trimmed nicely.
Tomorrow I will get my sewing machine out, finish my bag (which I will use for holding some of my material stash), and take up the dresses. I also want to finish the curtains for the two small windows in the camper van, thank you for your comments before, it's an exciting time, and can't wait to get away in it.

4 comments:

  1. Your garden looks lovely Marlene, so productive. The peony is a beautiful one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything's coming on really well. My tomato plants are still tiny, they haven't even been pricked out yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your greenhouse is filling up nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish for the great of success in all of our destiny endeavors

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails