Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Wednesday 28 March 2012

Wednesday update

I have finished the 1st page of patchwork sampler, and am working on the two pages joining, I hope to stitch the 4 pages across the top first. When I was thinking about what I would say in this blog, I thought these are not colours I normally use, but I have not purchased any colours yet so I must have used them at some time.
 Once again my stitching is helping me recover from yet another operation, it's a fantastic hobby, I can do it almost any where, but more importantly I can sit in my chair in comfort for hours.


Fliss purchased the heart above, just because she wanted to, it's on my heart tree.

I have been watching all the wild life in our garden, I can sit for hours gazing at the birds and squirrels, this little cheeky one visits every morning, ignores all our nuts and goes for the the wild seed set in lard!

Yesterday I managed to fit back into my own jogging bottoms, they were just tight at the waist band, where I am very tender. I also managed my 1st shower solo, which feels good, I'm unable to bathe, can't get in or out of our bath even with help. so a few more steps along the road to recovery.

I'm off to enjoy the sunshine, not allowed to sit out side for long, and can't do any gardening, strange I notice things I would do in the garden, but in the house, I just am not bothered.

5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are slowly but surely getting there.
    The sampler is looking good.Is it the Jan Houtman one.I have that in my stash,getting itchy fingers to start :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you positive thoughts for a speedy recovery. Your patchwork sampler is lovely. Colors are very nice. Stitch yourself well. Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful sunshine we are having. It is a big boost to feel the warmth of the sun on your skin. Wishing you a speedy recovery xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two things in the world I LOVE . . . sleeping in my own bed and taking a shower in my own bathroom. Whenever we get home from a trip, I can't wait to take a shower and snuggle up in my own bed . . seems like we don;t appreciate these things when we can readily do it . . like you wanting to take a bath . . . so normal when you can and so wanted when you can;t.

    Congrats on improving :0}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Marlene

    Your Patchwork Sampler is looking lovely.
    I also like your tribal cat, the colours are so nice.

    We are having beautiful weather here in the UK tooo. It's lovely to see birds and bees and the odd butterfly.

    I hope you continue to recover!

    Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails