Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Friday 7 January 2011

New starter for the weekend

I have started another little project,


I love the simple lines on this piece, and as Kev was in the Welsh Guards for 12 years, and did palace duty, it's almost a family piece. I have had it in my stash for a while, I went through my kits and have picked three I would like to start, you will see the other two once I get going on them, and I have Sam's cushion to do.

It's a Faye Whittaker, All our yesterdays,
made by DMC,
called Palace Guard.

I am pleased to have yet another free flower, this is the third time this orchid has bloomed, I was hoping it would be out over Christmas but it waited. It cheers up our sitting room, and with the number of buds, looks as if it will flower for weeks. Orchids are one of my favorite plants for inside.
I still have a bit of a bad throat, but we are driving to my brother's tonight, it's 2-3 hour drive back to the village where we were kids. Tomorrow we will visit Kev's son and the new baby Logan. We will also help Martin(brother) celebrate his birthday, it was not a big one, but we do like to get together at birthdays.

Hope you are all having fun this weekend

2 comments:

  1. Oh Marlene, I just wanted to say thank you soooo much for the award!!! Gobsmacked comes to mind! Just spotted it so apologies if it's been there for a while. Would you mind if I dedicate the award to everyone on my blog - I can't pick people out 'cos you're all special and have got me through a difficult year and have inspired me all sooo much. When I used to do cross stitch All Our Yesterdays were one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Marlene , just thought you might be interested in knowing that Rhona Norrie , who designed the Christmas Ingredients chart now has a blog . http://tangledthreadsstitching.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails