Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Tuesday 14 April 2015

Let's walk

Last night we walked to our local castle
 I have often posted about visit's to Portchester Castle, 
it's just 15 minutes walk from the house.
We stayed out and watched as the sun went down.
 We were out for just over an hour,
I love these light evenings
There was mist in The Solent most of yesterday, 
and last night it came rolling onto the shore, 
the photo looks eerie, it was very surreal to look at.
All day at work we could hear the foghorns again.
These photo's are not the best, taken with my phone.
My book has arrived and I have already read loads,
I am enjoying it, and find it very hard to put down,
so no stitching.
Our lawn is now a brown patch, hubby had the Rotavator last night and has dug every thing up and levelled it.  We now have to flatten it more, in about 10 days the top soil and turf will arrive and we will have a new lawn. It is such hard work, but hubby does most of it, can't wait to have it all finished, I am so glad we did not have the turf arriving this week with the warm weather.
My seedling are doing well, I have a huge grin when I go to the back veg section of my small plot, the satisfaction of having things growing which some day soon we will be able to eat will never leave me.
Tomorrow is market day, so I will look for a nice new rose for beside our gates. I love having to come through the gates, it feel more secure in some silly way.
Work is good, just busy, but not manic, I am waiting to hear if my day off on 30th can still go ahead, hubby and I are invited to a Windsor garden party, all to do with The Welsh Guards, other parts of our office are having a strike and leave is being cancelled, I will be really sad to miss the event, The Guards are having their new colours.
I am loving wearing light summer clothes and my sandals, every thing and every where looks and feels so warm and summery, not sure how long it will last, but will try and make the most of it while we can.

7 comments:

  1. lovely photos, having a gate to close is a lovely secure feeling, I hope you find a nice rose :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just listened to that audiobook. :D Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are just beautiful photos! i hope you won't miss the party, it sounds like fun. I hope you find the perfect rose. Our weather has turned wet and chilly. We even had a hail storm today!! No summer clothes or sandals for me yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a shame about the garden party, really bad timing.

    I know what you mean about the gates, I felt that way about our old house, our current house is open, but there is no rear access to the house which makes me feel secure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful place to watch the sun go down, I think the mist makes it quite atmospheric. Glad to hear that you're enjoying the book, mine's waiting for me on my Kindle but I won't get round to it yet as I've got other things to read first.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your photos are great, the mist one is very spooky looking.
    I read the first SJ Watson book, that was good too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails