Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Saturday 16 May 2015

Heaven

Carrie Rose is growing
  I love the balance of this design.
There is another SAL with this designer
starting soon which I will sign up for already decided on my colours.
 I have been in the garden all afternoon
it has been warm and sunny
 hubby filled the bird feeders
 Meal worms don't last long
 The starlings throw them everywhere
but nothing is missed
The lawn is looking good.
Purdy was with me all the time outside, 
she was having a dirt roll and saw something under the shed.
I worked this morning, more overtime, we are still so very far behind, when I get paid, I am going to use the extra money to get a new computer, this one is getting so very slow.
We walked to our local village and had a late lunch out, a nice treat as we have not popped in for lunch this  year. I also got my hair cut, and purchased the straw for the strawberry beds.
I did not have too  much to do today, a quick weed of the veg plot, and a bit of dead heading. My Peony flowers are not lasting very long this year, already three flowers have gone over, but there are more buds coming. I still have not finished spraying my table and chairs, this afternoon was more about gentle restful time outside.
I did stay for a while with my camera, I do have more photo's here, I love the way all my hobbies are tied together with my camera.
Have you been watching the gardening programme on BBC, amateur garden designers go head to head, the winner has a plot at Chelsea Flower show, it was fun to watch. Last night I also watched Gardeners World, I am a fan of Monty Don. On Sunday sees the start of Chelsea Flower show on BBC, I can't wait, I love to see all the perfection. One day we will get to go, I say that each year, but one year, we will get there.
Time for my final walk around the garden, I need to close my greenhouse, check every thing is tidy and then I am going to do some sewing.
Dawn. I have shoots in my bags of Oca,  I looked on Google images, so I know it's not anything else.

3 comments:

  1. Your flower pictures are just beautiful! Our day was cloudy and very cool so my peonies, for the most part, are still just in the bud stage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your embroidery is amazing - such fine work. Love the bird feeder photos and Purdy investigating. I enjoyed the programme about winning a chance to design a plot for the Chelsea Flower Show too - it looks like such hard work!Can't wait to see what the winner comes up with. Have a great Sunday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link for your photography - enjoyed it - very good. I too watched the Garden design programme and thoroughly enjoyed it. Can't wait for tonight's Chelsea Flower Show. Your garden is looking really nice as is your sewing :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails