Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Friday 12 June 2015

What a week

My good read for June
Brilliant read, in just two days, perfect when you have a summer cold, with sore throat and cough, snuggle down and read a good book. 
I will find a couple more of her books to read. 
I have passed it on to daughter. 
 My new design came through,
Designers colour's three shades of pale pink
I thought these flowers looked like forget me nots
 I have not been in the garden much,
fruits still grow, 
outside strawberries almost ready
my melon has almost doubled in size.
 The orchid flower fascinates me
plus a pretty flower from the garden
I must be feeling better, I walked around our little plot this morning, I have not been out since Tuesday, the rain last night  helped keep it looking good. It's very muggy (love that word) here and has tried to rain, so another day inside.
I am feeling much better this morning, partly due to sleeping for most of last night, sleep has been my problem for most of this week. I have been rubbing Vick's Vapour Rub in my neck, back and front and one night on my feet. I love the smell, for me I find it does work, thankfully hubby is happy to share a bed with me, he laughs and comments it helps clear his nose as well. I have problems with alot of the newer medicines, I stick to what I know works.
I am using my new computer, which I set up this morning, my brother did most of the work, I just had to import personal items I wanted back on here. I have left loads on my external hard drive, along with all my stored photo's. It is great to click and not have to wait ages for the page to change.
We took delivery of our new fridge freezer yesterday, we had to wait 4 hours before we could turn it on, which we did, but there's a problem, it does turn on, but only works for a few seconds, they sent a man this morning, who needs to order parts, so we decided to get a new FF, but we got it on line, the model we wanted was not on sale in shops, and now we have to wait another 14 days whilst they order it in. To be fair they offered us another from stock, but we like the style of the fridge, so we have to wait. Thank goodness we still have our old one.
We were due to be away this weekend, back to Somerset, but we have put it off for a few weeks, so I am looking forward to a lazy weekend.


4 comments:

  1. I am getting into reading more again now, I have quite a few books in the cupboard under the stairs now, all 50p from the charity shop.
    I love Vicks it seems to do the job,hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a lazy week-end is just the thing to help you continue to get better! I will have to look that book up to see if the library has it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had that summer cold a couple of weeks ago, lived on honey and lemon for a couple of days. The book looks interesting.
    Julie xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lazy weekend sounds nice. Hope by the end of it you feel much better

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails