Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Saturday 7 February 2015

Come in 89

It's my blog birthday on Monday, starting my 7th year,
Last Sunday, I put everyone's name, who had left a comment in January,
 into a random selector
  number 89 was chosen, here is my list and 89 is mum
I have been reading through your blog and I now have a parcel to post to you
please email me your address
 Ops I've done it again
The male skater should have a darker red outfit
but I chose the blue instead
I stitched loads last night, whilst hubby watched the rugby
1st half he was happy
2nd half grumpy
 We popped to Homebase today, hubby needed supplies
I saw this pot, it's huge, really beautiful and perfect for my Olive bush. I have a couple smaller ones which I will use in the garden as well. 
 For now it sits in my shed, as you can see it's pretty full in there, roll on spring, 
I can use every thing again. I am really itching to start growing, 
but I know I should wait a couple more weeks. 
 I spent the morning with Su, looking at curtains, poles and table lamps. She was disappointed she could not get the mirror she was craving, but happy to wait for it to come back into stock. Once home we opened an expensive pair of curtains, only to find a flaw in the center of one curtain. As I came home she was driving back to the shop. 
The heart below she purchased for me. 
  I have been working on my 2014 book, I am now at July, I am hoping to get it all done before the end of the month.
I have had all my normal security clearance and references through for my new job. Yesterday I did the enhanced questions, and boy do they want to know everything. I did chuckle at the questions, have you ever been involved in terrorist activities  and other questions ref money laundering and embezzlement, can you ever see anyone answering yes to questions like that.  My hope is to have the rest of this month off and then back to work in March. I am lucky to be able to have breaks in my earning, it's nice to have a few weeks off and get things done.
Now a nice take away, stitching  and a night in with hubby, no wine we are having a dry February, not that we drink large amounts. Not sure about tomorrow, will see what the day brings.

11 comments:

  1. Congrats to the winner and the skaters are adorable.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new pot, an olive will look perfect in it. How annoying about the curtains, I hope Su managed to get them changed. Enjoy your take away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did a double take there. Thank you so much - I shall go hunt your e-mail address now.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that pot, I like the skater in blue, good choice of colour :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your new pot, will look great with your olive tree x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those skaters a sweet - love seeing how the little blue one is emerging :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Blog birthday, 7 years wow. Love the pot :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that pot is nice and so is your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the blue looks just right. I'm anxious for spring too. We have had much warmer temps than usual. Like you, I'm holding back. I know cold weather could still come back. What a cute little heart.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous new pot.
    The skaters are looking super.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats to the winner. Love the pot - just showed hubby! And your heart is really pretty too. Good luck with filling out all your questions.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails