Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Monday 25 June 2018

Hastings

Pier - which was closed !!
 Walking towards Hastings old town
 Working boats

 East cliff railway
 From the top of East cliff

 Net sheds

 Walking towards St Leonard's 
 Fell in love with this

We have had a few days in East Sussex, and spent Saturday in Hastings, my only holiday here was in 1975, so I really wanted to come back and visit the old town area. I was very pleased to see the character of the area not changed very much, most of the new was made to blend with the old. 
It did help we had fantastic weather, we traveled to and from the camp site by bus, we chose a site near to a bus stop, I purchased a day rover ticket and hubby used his bus pass, so the cost was minimum.
We walked from the rail station to the old town of Hastings and then back and on to St Leonards, which was a long stroll, but we stopped along the way for drinks, ice creams, lunch, and loads of photo's.
The one thing which we commented everywhere we went was, it was all very English, with the same style of buildings, gardens and sea front, we could have been anywhere in England.
More photo's next time, just too many for one post.

7 comments:

  1. I hope that you enjoyed your trip down memory lane. We were there in 1976. We took my younger brothers and they and our son were on the railway almost every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds as if you have had a wonderful time and such fabulous weather to get around and revisit places.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hastings looks fabulous... my kind of place.
    I do love a good funicular railway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great pictures! I have some family that live there but it's been about thirty years since we were there last.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks a lot like the vacation I just took in Maine. I even have a picture of a fence covered in locks! Looks like you had a great time. I looked at your previous post and I love that bucket style bag you made out of the bird material. Is that a pattern you bought, or made up yourself. I haven't had time to sew in awhile. I have a lot of crocheted bags I need to line and some pillows I need to make. Then who knows. I was never very good at clothes. I'm a crafty seamstress. If you come up with Christmas ideas, please share!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always use the same two designs, the amount of fabric and design dictates the style and size. If I am lining a bag, I cut and make the inner to match the bag. I try and keep bags simple.

      Delete
  6. I love being near the water. That looks like a fabulous place!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails