Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Friday 17 June 2016

Grow eat and sew

These cucumbers are growing at a fantastic rate
I have loads of flowers on the plant
 Tiny new leaves on two Orchids. 
 Hubby has been baking, these are for tea tonight with sausages
his take on toad in the hole
with diced roast potatoes and fresh veg. 
 I started June and I'm loving the bear. 
It's been a great week, work has been good, we are doing different tasks within our department, so it slightly more rewarding and less tiring, which means I come home with more energy.
Our garden is looking great, everything is loving the rain, we had heavy downpours last night and this morning. My green house gives me enormous amounts of pleasure, I pop down the garden each morning to open it up and the after work again to check things and close it down. I so wish I had got it many years earlier, I have so many things I want to try and grow.
I have started another book, I am loving the light nights, turning the TV off and reading, simple but lovely times. I have been loaned more books to read, so I'm in heaven.
For the past two nights I have done cross stitch, it's nice to pick it up again,  with Grace on my lap and a needle in my hand.
We have the weekend at home, we have our local Gala tomorrow and the weather should be dry, so  afternoon out, plus a busy night tomorrow, I will reveal all on Sunday.
Mum asked the name of my plant on our bathroom window sill, it's a Masdevallia Orchid and it's beautiful.

9 comments:

  1. Very impressive Yorkshire puddings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hubby seems to be a very good cook! I hope you both have a great week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious looking yorkshires, and lovely sewing xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love big Yorkies filled with what ever and gravy. They are great for turning leftovers into a star dish. The plant life all looks lush, a greenhouse opens up so many opportunities, I always grow far too many plants every year. The cross stitch is looking good, as ever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm looking forward to getting on to the bear, it's a lovely design, isn't it? Your cucumber is doing very well, mine's still tiny at the moment, I'm hoping it will catch up eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you. The bear is showing it is going to have a real personality . . . just the way he is sitting is cute.

    What are the "bowls" your husband is showing and what are "toads in a hole?" I have heard the term but not sure now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you have had a good week! Your stitching looks pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your stitching is looking lovely mine has been relegated now! x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails