Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Thursday 10 September 2020

Finished

I've used all the yarn purchased for my loom,
 almost 6 balls, not quite 300grms
These colours were never purchased to be used together, 
but they work well
I use some black yarn in between each colour change, this is a nice size, I think Will is going to love it for snuggles in the cooler months. I have no use for it, I already have loads of granny square blankets, but to me this is just so pretty. An easy make whilst I am feel so tired each evening. 
Book 60 read this year, did I enjoy it was it good, I was happy to finish the book and the story line was really good, but it was not for me gripping, I felt as if I was reading a screen play, I do think it will make a terrific film with our great British actors in the rolls. 
Another naughty purchase, these hand dyed yarns from Burrow and Soar and not cheap, but they are beautiful to look at and so very soft.
I would love to knit a garment with just her yarn, but sadly that's a expense too much, so again I am mixing her yarn with baby Merino, I have a few shades but these at this point look good together. 
This is my next book I'm reading, I purchased my little lemon clematis from them a couple of months ago, I was very pleased with the plant, I will have an empty pot after the summer, which I would like something special in. 
It's a busy week at home, more on that in next post, I have enjoyed using the Debbie Bliss yarn to make the blanket, simple pattern which keeps my hands busy most evenings. I've done very little in the garden, it's that time of year when all your hard work is being repaid. I did water the pots one night, they had dried out loads. My daughter has not yet purchased the pot for the Olive plant, so that is still in our garden, but there is no hurry the plant is safe. 

My friend has taken my sister's log, he thinks he should be able to make a couple of pots if he is careful, I'm just pleased he is willing to try. We did meet for coffee in the village all 6 of us, sitting outside with 2 table pushed together so we could keep a safe distance, it's lovely to have a coffee and chat together. I was also given some quilting templates from another friend, she was having a sort out and thought if I did not want them I would know someone who would use them, they are not for me so I will be passing them on. 

I am now focusing on the pink baby dress, I have just the top and sleeves to do, which won't take long, I am planning another pushchair size ripple blanket, we sold a previously made blanket to raise funds for our local Downs Syndrome group and I would like to repeat it. I won't offer my just finished one above the yarn was far too expensive for it to sell, we price them at the cost of yarn, which I pay for. 

4 comments:

  1. The blanket's lovely, I do like Debbie Bliss yarn, it's very soft and snuggly so I'm sure it will be super soft for Will to curl up in. I don't know if it's the cooler weather creeping in or what it is but I'm really back to enjoying my crafting again just now, it's a nice time of year to get something out on an evening to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love the rug. He will enjoy snuggling with that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your little blanket, I think the colours go together really well. Good that you were able to get together with some friends, hopefully you will be able to continue to do so on a regular basis now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colours went together so beautifully. Debbie Bliss has some wonderfully soft yarns.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails