Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Sunday 6 September 2020

Garden changes

My sister gifted me these pots, I did not think they would be this large, I had an idea to use them in the greenhouse, but they fit better in this corner of the garden where very little grows. 
Most of the plants I already had, I just purchased the top right pot. I will thin these pot down and use the plants. 
I'm really pleased, and I hope they all root and grow, this spot in the garden has never looked good, everything I have planted here has died, it's just heavy clay. 
My sister was given this log from a huge tree being removed from the village where we grew up, she has a few pieces, we are hoping my friend will be able to turn this into a pot, I have a couple of his hand made pots. 

I have had this Olive since 2014, it's roots got damaged and I cut it back, now it's just too big for the pot, I don't have anywhere to plant it in the garden, and I don't want another huge pot, so I have listed it for sell. I have used the pot it was removed from for my pomegranate. 

The weather is changing, it's cooler each morning, even when we are having sunny days it's feel much cooler, and any warmth is gone by about 4pm, I am closing our patio doors much earlier. It gets dark about 8pm, and again cool at night. On the plus we are both sleeping much better in the cool nights and I get to see my solar lights in the garden working. Shorts are not being worn, I still wear my sandals most days, but I have worn socks a couple of days as well. Some of the leaves are changing colour so it's fair to say Autumn is coming early this year, I do love to watch the changes in our gardens all through the year. Spring is my favorite time of year followed by Summer, I love being outside in the garden, it's healing, I would not have coped without our garden this year, my greenhouse does extend my gardening time by a couple of months, and through the winter days I pop in most days to check and water plants. 

I have been reading, I have a new book and doing more crochet on my blanket, I must pick up and knit the baby dress again. I did promise I would get my sewing machine out, but so many visitors stopped me, I will try and get it out this coming week, but we have a few busy days. I have also pulled out some threads to do some cross stitch, Jo at Through the keyhole has a design she has suggested we all try together. 

Will is due for a sleep over today, mummy has an early morning appointment with George tomorrow , so it's much easier if we take one son away from her morning routine, plus we get loads of fun with Will and cuddles with George later on Monday morning. 
Thank you for your comments regarding baby Georges video, he is getting really vocal, Will was always quiet, we can't get enough of either of these grandsons. 

Today is our 34th wedding anniversary, it's Opal in modern and Food in traditional, we stopped giving gifts years ago, and I have not missed out I have a beautiful opal ring given on a previous birthday.

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your wedding anniversary, perhaps a nice meal today to celebrate with the traditional being food. Yes, the weather is definitely changing, even when it's sunny there isn't much heat left in the sun. I hate saying goodbye to summer, the winter months always seem so long, though I won't be sorry to see the back of this year. Thank you for mentioning the cross stitch I'm going to be stitching, it would be good if a few of us stitched along together. I'm hoping to get started on it this coming week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is your birthday October? Opal is my birthstone but I didn't realise opals come in a variety of colours. I do love the pots and the way youve planted them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My birthday is November but I do like opals, my birthstone is Topaz, which I'm not so keen on, my favourite stone is Emeralds.

      Delete
  3. Happy anniversary. My birthday is also November and I don't like topaz much either, it's the colour I'm not keen on. I really like your pot from your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many congratulations on your anniversary. I hope you had a lovely day 💗
    The pots are great and I love how you planted them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you have both had a very happy wedding anniversary :)
    Turning a log into a pot is a new idea to me - would love to see the result if you get it done.
    Enjoy all those cuddles :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a wonderful way to use the caly corner of your garden. I have a shady spot and do much the same thing but rotate the pots every week so they get some sun. I looked at Jo,s cross stitch and would love to start it but till my eyes are done it is just a pipe dream.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Belated good wishes for your wedding anniversary.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails