Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Tuesday 8 September 2020

Growing inside

My house plants are looking good, this African Violet often has flowers, it does do well sat on our kitchen windowsill. 
I managed to get one flower on this Orchid, I broke the tip of the stem last month, half my Christmas cactus now lives here, just behind the sofa in a bare corner. On the floor are a couple more plants, just waiting for flowers to form. 
The other half of my Christmas cactus is still on my bathroom windowsill, this is next to the kitchen and gets loads of afternoon and evening sun. 
I had to move this pot, Will loves these plants and would often touch them and pearls drop off, not good when we have baby George and a couple of cats, it's now safely higher up. 
Betty's hair is growing, she sits on my desk, by another sunny window, I mist her most days, it's a slow process, but I am hoping it will be worth the wait. 
Also in my office my pineapple plant, I have a few of these, and swap the plants from the greenhouse to here, they are getting much bigger, not sure how far I can take these. 
Coffee anyone, again another lovely plant, the leaves shine, this was a tiny plant purchased in a coffee mug, it loves this spot, but I will have to move it once the heating is turned on.
Not yet in the house, this is last years Amaryllis, I pulled out loads of Cyclamen corns and found this bulb with a tiny leaf tip, for now it's in the greenhouse, but soon I will bring it inside. 
I do have more houseplants, and one huge glass pot with cactus inside safely from tiny hands, I would have more, but hubby not keen on plants inside, and I not about to overpower him. I have a few Orchids on the floor behind our sofa, it's a spot where they do well, once the buds reform they are placed where we can see them. I don't have plants in either of our bedrooms, but I do love to have plants to cherish in the winter months.

I did not sell my Olive, my youngest daughter changed her mind and decided to have it, she is going to purchase a big pot, which I will plant up for her. I am really pleased she is having it, I can watch it grow bigger. 


6 comments:

  1. I've never really had houseplants until this last year or two, other than orchids. I've got about half a dozen now, all small but it's fun watching them grow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your plants all seem to thrive - I'm sure it must be all the love they receive :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love house plants. My daughter has just bought one of those bead plants but she is awful at keeping them alive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your indoor plants look very nice.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your house plants all look very healthy, mine do well until I notice they are doing well, lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a green thumb. I have only one houseplant and then a few I overwinter or start new ones for the garden.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails