Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Tuesday 1 September 2020

New start.

I have started another blanket, just one huge square, I am using 4ply again so this is a fine blanket, I have used my 1st ball, I had 5 and a part ball, I have 3 different colourways.  
I do love the shades in this yarn, it's Debbie Bliss, Rialto Luxury sock, superwash wool, 100 grms balls, I find it a bit too fluffy for socks, I had purchased it for my loom. 
Lovely neat rows, the two colours separated by a row of black. 
This is my second sock, I have unpicked the heel a couple of times, knitting whilst tired and my brother visiting is not good. I am leaving it for this week and will aim to pick it up next week and finish. I have done nothing on the babies dress, just too tired.
We had a family BBQ and we invited our daughters husbands parents, Will does love it when we are all together. First time to be together this year, MIL gave me these flowers, it is nice to have fresh flowers in the house, I have not purchased any for months. 

We have been eating leftovers for rest of the weekend, I found the Spanish omelet in the fridge after everyone had left, luckily I had only purchased a small one. We shared a rich chocolate cake for a birthday cake, so we are having a few days free before we do any more baking. My brother got home safely, the roads were much quieter on the Sunday, he then was able to ensure his younger daughter was OK, she lives local to him. 

My sister and her partner have called and they are popped over for a stay this week, typical, don't see anyone for ages then 2 visits close together, they arrive later today. We have no plans, but will wait to see what my sister would like to do, often when we go to stay with friends or family they pack loads of things to do, but after a long drive all we want to do is relax and spend time together. 

We did catch up on some TV, I watched Gardeners World on Sunday afternoon, I do like looking at viewers gardens and hope they keep the segment in the future programs. I have done a bit in my greenhouse, I cut back the cucumber plant, I am hoping it will grow a new shoot and I can get a couple of late harvest. My seedlings are not growing as fast as I want, so I am busy covering them each night, just to get a growth spurt on. 

7 comments:

  1. Your flowers are beautiful. How lovely having your sister come to stay this week, it's so nice to see family. Your blanket is looking good, I like a bit of mindless knitting or crochet to pick up when I'm not in the mood for anything complicated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the BBQ went so well. What a sweet idea to bring you flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to get-together for a BBQ.
    Your flowers look lovely.

    Happy September Wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flowers. I love the colours in that blanket.

    Enjoy your company, with this silly virus one never knows when you will be able to visit with loved ones again.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've lost your email address but wanted to say thank you so very much for the postcards! What a nice suprise that was in the mail. They'll be fun to color with the little guys. Thanks for thinking of us.
    I hope your visit goes well, this virus has made everyone wishing for "normal" times again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another lovely blanket you have on the go, I do love a granny blanket.
    sounds like you've had a house full recently, your flowers looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colours in your blanket too, Marlene. Very calming! It's Springtime here now and I hope to grow some cucumbers for the salads we love in the warmer weather. Take care! MegXx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails