Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Monday 14 September 2020

So and sew

I've pulled out all I need for the stitch along with Jo, I decided on a natural coloured evenweave 28 count, it's stiffer, just in case I decided to frame it. 
I pulled out colours from my stash, I have loads of silks (floss), these look well together, normally I love shiny Christmas colours, but I don't think they would work on this design. The last time I did cross stitching was in 2018, I have not finished my last project, it was one I choose to get me back into stitching, but sadly it did not work. 
It's a lovely design.
Back in May I made an updated list of crafts to do, I had ticked a few off the previous list, the only thing I have done in any amount is knit from my stash, but I have also added to my stash. My loom is sold, I could not use it without getting back ache and I am hoping the new owner is having a great time with it. My rabbit is in bits still and my 2019 book is not halfway through making. So I'm not going to redo my list, it's here for all to see. Summer months are always low on my crafting time, garden calls every sunny day and this year we have had loads of sunny days. 
I enjoyed this book, I have read James Patterson before, not really a festive book, but it's a tale of misleading and catch up. This being my 61st book read this year. 
I have been given these quilting templates by a friend, it is something I would not use, there are 4 sets of shapes with varying sizes, plus a few other items, which all fit into a A4 envelope, so if there is anyone here in UK who would like these then please leave a comment. If I have more than 1 comment names will go into a hat, sorry only UK because of the cost of posting. 
A closer look
Saturday we had a lay in, it was lovely not to have to get up and get going, after a slow start we walked to our village, did a few things and then had lunch in our Bistro, I always feel safe here, they have always had high cleaning standards, and these days they follow all guidelines, when you get your food, they give you a card for the table, which is left on the table until it is fully cleaned after you leave, including the chairs and the menu. Lazy afternoon in garden and inside reading, homemade pizza for tea, most of the ingredients were in the freezer, with a bottle of red wine. We had the last night of the proms on TV and we read together, a perfect lazy day for us and much needed. 

Sunday I spent the morning in the garden, hubby cut back the tomato plant, we have loads of green tomatoes in a paper bag to ripen. I moved a few pots around, and did some deadheading, I also planted my forget-me-not into bigger pots. Later we had birthday cake a younger daughters house, it was her birthday, followed by another lazy evening. I did have to water the garden and all my pots, but it's a job I enjoy doing, taking time to check every part of the garden. 
 

6 comments:

  1. I'm really pleased that you're going to stitch along with me, I was watching Barbara's Daughter podcast on You Tube yesterday and she's just announced that she's going to do a stitch along on this design so it looks as though quite a few people will be stitching it over the coming months. My tomato plants are for the chop this week too, they haven't done as well this year as they usually do so I'm glad that I decided to grow more plants than usual, it's meant that I've still had more than enough for my needs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your choice of silks look lovely, I would love to join in but the eyes are not up to it. had them tested this morning and it's time for the cataract op. No new specs for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have joined in the SAL with Jo but I have so many things I want to get done before Christmas I won't fit it in, I will look forward to seeing progress pics from you both though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had one of those rare very-enjoyable very-relaxing weekends. Marvelous for restoring our energy batteries :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The templates look very interesting.

    The cross stitching will look lovely once you are done, and since it is a stitch a long I am sure you will complete it.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My tomatoes are getting the chop this coming weekend. The forecast for this week is pretty good so a few might ripen before the big chop.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails