Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Sunday 13 March 2016

Stitching and sewing

I decided on Friday it was time to finish this
just a couple rows of diamonds and some infilling to do
doing such big projects I have not had a finish this year. 
 Yesterday I stitched all the green hexagons about 30 of them
so I cut out more this morning, about 50
I also cut out 70+ paper liners, I don't have any fancy system, 
just a copier and scissors 
These will make 4 fat quarters finished
Friday at work I was coughing alot, but with an open plan office loads of people are coughing. By bedtime, I was feeling really poorly, my throat feels like I have glass in it, so with coughing all night and hardly any sleep, yesterday was not a good day, in fact I fell asleep in my chair late afternoon, some thing I normally never do. I did manage to sleep last night, but I am feeling really awful. I have hurt my left side with the coughing, so I am in a bit of a state. So we have missed a lovely walk with Josh and Sam, daughter has been poorly so I don't want to pass on any new germs. I look outside at the beautiful weather, but I don't have the energy to pop outside into our garden, it can wait to the next opportunity.
So I am going to read my book, maybe do some hexagons, they are easy, avoid my cross stitch, other wise the frog will be out, and try and enjoy this sunny Sunday afternoon.

6 comments:

  1. Get well wishes coming your way, there are so many nasty germs about at the moment, I hope yours fly away quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel for you. Those sore throats that feel like glass is in it are the worst . . no matter how much swallowing, and no matter what you swallow, nothing helps :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the problem with big projects, they take such a long time to finish. I'm the same with mine at the moment, I think I'm going to start some easier things to work on in between. Hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm doing a big one too. Not much to show on blogs. I am sending you wishes for a quick recovery. Just rest and enjoy the book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your stitching is coming along beautifully. Thank you for the great tip on cleaning my waffle iron. I do hope you feel better. My best to you, Pat xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails