Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Saturday 30 September 2023

September roundup



Just a couple bits of craft items, I got Christmas fabric to finish a cushion and some yarn for a knitted shawl and a pair of socks, very little in the garden this month.

No clothes, there is just nothing I want, we are not going out enough for me to see things I might like. 

No big spend this month, our trip away was paid for months ago, and our spending money came out of our £2 savings pot, we did fill the car with petrol, which does not happen that often. Daughters birthday treat was factored into this months spend. We got a few kitchen bits in Wilko's last few days sale, with 80% off most things, I still feel so sad this store is gone, it was always busy with shoppers. Anything for the garden is coming out of the referb budget, which is bigger than we wanted, but will be worth it.

No food waste, I'm thankful for the freezer this month as I have frozen loads of tomatoes for winter soups. I have a good supply of blackberries frozen, making our harvest go just that bit further. 

My weight, it's all gone to hell in a handcart, as my mum would have said, too many days out this month and no won't power! Steps are poor, who wants to walk in the rain, and I am still enjoying Pilates class. 

5 comments:

  1. It's sad to see September go - it hardly seems to have been here at all. October can be a lovely month, weather-wise. Maybe we'll have an Indian summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Wilko's will be missed by many. I'm still missing Woolworths and BHS amongst others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I think we will all miss Wilko's, they were good for so many bits and pieces, the one in my local town was quite a big store so I do hope they have plans for something there in it's place soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like September was a good month for your finances :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pleased you are still enjoying Pilates class.

    Wishing you a good week ahead.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails